EC Signature Strat

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gfhughes, Apr 13, 2021.

1. gfhughes

gfhughes New Member!

Back in ‘88 reading that the first EC Signature strata were coming out it mentioned that Fender would offer a with or without cigarette holder. They described it as a hole in the head stock on the the flat top up where the tuning pegs are and would have a little brass cup insert. EC was still a smoker then and would put his burning cigarette between the head stock and strings. I went to a local guitar store when they came out and they had one with and one without the cigarette holder. Since then I have never seen one with the holder. I’ve been interested in getting getting one but can’t find any. I looked the guitar up on Wikipedia and they make no mention of it. I know what I saw. Does anyone else know of this option. No one else seems to think this was a thing.

2. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Strat-O-Master

Wow, I've never heard of nor seen one with that option. Good luck finding one. I would think you'd have an exceptionally rare instrument there.

3. Stevn

Stevn Senior Stratmaster

Get a drill. Make a hole. Jam a smoke into it! You’ll be all set!
    When I smoked mine went on the end of a protruding string that I purposely left a little long just for that purpose.