Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Electa Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by aussieblues, Apr 20, 2017.

1. aussieblues

aussieblues New Member!

Apr 1, 2017
    australia
    Hi, i purchased this on my local gumtree
    Its a Electa strat 70's not 'ELECTRA'
    Any info would be appreciated.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    felis and circles like this.

2. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Most Honored Senior Member

May 7, 2014
    UK
    Nice looker, congratulations! I'm sure someone here will know something. :)

3. tim gueguen

tim gueguen Strat-Talk Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Canada
    Probably something done for an Australian distributor. It looks like it could be a Fujigen made instrument.

4. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    Never saw one of these before. Looks great! Congrats.

5. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Senior Stratmaster

Dec 10, 2012
    CA
    They made some interesting les paul type guitars in the 70s. Some bolt on. Crazy knobs and such. I think they were considered in the lawsuit grouping, but can't remember.

6. aussieblues

aussieblues New Member!

Apr 1, 2017
    australia
    looks as though this maybe a MIJ fujigen make from my research so far

Electa was the brand name given to guitars built by Ibanez and brought in by the
    Australian Ibanez distributor back in the '60s and '70s.
    Possibly Lamberti musical importers for the australian market, Ibanez also went under the logos of Cimar,
    Morris, Kasuga, Axiom, Electa (not Electra).
    Somewhat likely to be affiliated with Hoshino(Fujigen)
    It's this intricate relationship between distributor (Hoshino), brand (Ibanez) and factory
    (Fujigen). Fujigen is known to have produced guitars with these brands during the 1970s:
    Greco/Ibanez/Antoria/Electa/Crestwood/Carlo Robelli/Yamaha/Epiphone

stratistically and Rastus like this.

7. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    I doubt fujigen would make a guitar that seems to be a plywood body with blacked out forearm contour....

Personally, it looks a lot like a Hondo build to me....

8. aussieblues

aussieblues New Member!

Apr 1, 2017
    australia
    hondo big headstock strats didnt have bullet truss rods

9. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    That is only the truss rod nut, it can be put on if the customer specifies, if not a smaller hidden style nut can be used....

the hallmarks of the body and pickup shapes and headstock to me are Hondo, as well as the logo material...

[​IMG]

They also built some with the name brand 'Mateo'

[​IMG]

If it's not Hondo it's probably Matsumoku, because of their different size neck plate etc....

I highly doubt it's FujiGen Gakki made, it doesn't look anything like their builds to me....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    aussieblues likes this.

10. aussieblues

aussieblues New Member!

Apr 1, 2017
    australia
    Pickups a rounded, never seen them ever!!! old style tuners
    the trem block is weird seems to have a cover plate and the body wood not sure ?
    heres a few more pics and those pickups again

6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 11.jpg

11. aussieblues

aussieblues New Member!

Apr 1, 2017
    australia

This is from squier talk member: These guitars were made at the same factory?. The trems are not blocks, they are bent steel. Your body is not ply, I'm betting it's kinda heavy, probably mahogany.
    Which mine is heavy!.
    Everything on his teisco is exactly the same, trem/tuners/pickups, except mine has maple neck. It sure looks that they were made in same factory. the whole pickgaurd, rounded pickups, pots etc are similar
    71174-ac81b1f6b245b6f8ec56837c4364f53a.jpg 71175-fd251448252f85fbf931bc3762e2f83a.jpg 71176-57f1f24a4e51c5cdbaf30beb0861ee54.jpg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017

12. aussieblues

aussieblues New Member!

Apr 1, 2017
    australia
    THE ANSWER IS - Researching the tie between these two leaves a lot to the imagination. But, what can be said is the 1st Electas (1970) were made at the Fujigen Factory, Japan (along w/ Ibanez) and were distributed in Austrailia. The later Electas (2000's) were made in China and distributed by Lamberti Bros in Melbourne.

The Teisco Tie- up to the 1966 Teisco catalog, the Fender copies were not shown. Also note, what we call the 70's Fender Headstock was actually kicked off in Dec 1965 and ran for the next 15 yrs, thus the 70's namesake. In 1967, Teisco was sold to Kawai who discontinued the Teisco name in 1969.

What we do know is that these guitars have a lot of the same parts, common to the era. We can narrow the manufacturing date to some time between 1967 - 1970. The Teisco '67 - '69 and the Electa '70.

What we don't know - did Kawai use the Fujigen factory to make the last of the Teiscos in what was the beginning of the Lawsuit "copy" Era? Perhaps, but if not, they did use the same parts supplier.

In closing - you got a 70' Electa, MIJ by a guy who forgot his glasses on the day he installed the head stock lam. THE END
    Thanks to guitar forum member

13. Stiches

Stiches New Member!

Jun 19, 2017
    Albury
    Hi All,

New here but figured I would add my 2 cents worth. I believe what you have there is a Electa copy of the Cimar Ibanez model NO.1940 from the mid seventies... 1976 from what I have found.

I have one myself, the Electa that is. As you can see it needs some TLC. I bought it on eBay some time back.
    Also shown is the Cimar Ibanez model NO.1940ASH as well as the 1976 Ibanez sales literature. This one was sold for $510 in 2015 under the heading;
    '70's Cimar by Ibanez Strat Ash Natural Stratocaster MIJ'

Thanks for the previous posts which helped me ID the one I have here.

Andy DSC_0438.JPG DSC_0439.JPG DSC_0440.JPG DSC_0441.JPG DSC_0438.JPG DSC_0439.JPG DSC_0440.JPG DSC_0441.JPG aecwqnyejqtpuc67trgz.jpg e23mnddu0bkbouow65wk.jpg meshvkxuxvgu2icyrisu.jpg ppz0gzsdbpspkysi3rmn.jpg rkgtkdcztz96ulcawzmc.jpg tybvz74weriddkxq5emc.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017

14. Stiches

Stiches New Member!

Jun 19, 2017
    Albury
    Untitled.jpg

Attached Files: