Eric Claption Starts USA tour; Setlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntStrat

Dr. Stratster
May 6, 2019
US
I agree. But maybe I'm imagining this, but I thought I read, somewhat recently, that arthritis is making it very difficult to play, and I'm surprised that he's doing this tour, if that was true.

He said in an interview that because of health issues and his age (76) this could very well be the last time he can get out and do a tour.

nifnof70

Strat-O-Master
Feb 8, 2017
Harpers Ferry WV
EC is probably my biggest influence.

Saw him live back in 92-93 and if could swing it would catch him on this possibly last go-around. If you haven't read his Biography, check it out--It's amazing that he survived the 1970's!

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Sante Fe, NM
Neil Young? He still has something to say, so do many elder artists.
Iggy Pop? You tell him.
Good for them. So does Dylan. They can all play folk music until they drop dead.

Watching Neil playing Cinnamon Girl in 2021 doesn’t cut it for me. Sorry, rock and roll should be for the youngsters as it was originally intended.

Perhaps the problem is there are very few youngsters these days who want to play in a actual rock and roll band?

Stratafied

Dr. Stratster
Oct 29, 2019
North of South
Good for them. So does Dylan. They can all play folk music until they drop dead.

Watching Neil playing Cinnamon Girl in 2021 doesn’t cut it for me. Sorry, rock and roll should be for the youngsters as it was originally intended.

Perhaps the problem is there are very few youngsters these days who want to play in a actual rock and roll band?
Well there’s always Cardi B.

PonyB

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 3, 2020
above ground

When I want to feel really excited by a piece of music, it's rarely rock. Kids seem to feel the same.
Neil Young has plenty of songs that are very relevant from the mouth of an older man. Hawks And Doves as a whole, for example. His recent work is, for lack of a better word, authentic to an aged artist.
The elder voice is a valid one to express and hear, IMO.
Let's face it, rock music is largely for the aged, not the young.

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Sante Fe, NM
Scott has an eternal hard on for EC!!![/QUOTE

No I Don’t.

This group of strataholics has an eternal hard on for me against anything I might say about EC that doesn’t paint him as “God”. Even the slightest criticism of him turns 10% of you guys into whiny Bees.

I could care less about anyone’s love or hate for Clapton. I’ve explained this many times.

I made one negative comment about him as a person a few months ago the comments went ballistic and I’m now considered the big Clapton hater which is not true. Cream was my biggest influence in 1968.

I said he should have retired when he said he was going to, and that it’s no coincidence that he ends his tour with a bunch of dates in Russia. Why is that statement so provocative?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.