Join Strat-Talk Today

Euroguestock VIII London - October 2019

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by nutball73, Jul 10, 2019.

1. nutball73

nutball73 Senior Stratmaster

Ok I promised I'd organise a Euroguestock for London, so here goes...

I propose the 19th October 2019, with a backup date of 26th October, at the Mill Hill Studios in London, as per the last London Euroguestock. It's convenient for our Euro friends as there's a direct train from St Pancras/Eurostar, and the local "eat all you can" restaurant was also a success (especially for @alainvey).

I have a couple of family events in October, so I can't guarantee I'll be there, but I'll gladly book the studio and restaurant anyway and hope for the best.

For the uninitiated, Euroguestock is a day-long jam at a rehearsal studio, followed by dinner afterwards. It's an easy-going day, for all ages and abilities (we have a 10-year-old drummer, and @s5tuart is as old as the hills...). There are no superstars, heroes or idiots, just a positive, supportive and fun day.

So, calling all the regulars, and an open invitation to anyone else who'd like to come along and meet some S-Ter's in real life...

@Mansonienne - please sound out Marc, Jean-Pierre, Bruno, Caroline (I'll put a message out on the WhatsApp chat).
    @Malurkey - same for Joost, Heidi, Joyce
    @alainvey - please ask Matt if he would join us
    @simoncroft - I hope your tinnitus will allow you to attend and it would be great to see Hazel if she is well
    @felis, @Siegfried91, @Groovey, @s5tuart, @nungesser, @ukoldgit, @Thrup'ny Bit, @Goldcp50, @Layerbake, @IMuzzy, @Allthumbsmo, @2-Finger and everyone else I've forgot - please share the invitation!

Please reply ASAP if this works for you, and I'll get the numbers together and book the studio.

Someone will no doubt set up a sheet for the songs soon, and I'll do another post with links to the venue and restaurant in the next day or so,

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  2. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

You guys
    Are so good...

ukoldgit, felis, alainvey and 2 others like this.
  3. s5tuart

s5tuart Resource limit reached Strat-Talk Supporter

Count me in!!
    Either date works :D

Thanks Graham. Much appreciated.

2-Finger, felis and Mansonienne like this.
  4. felis

felis Senior Stratmaster

Whem I'm free I'm in, but can't say for sure at this moment?

Around that period I will probably have to empty, and make the house ready, to hand it over to new owners while moving to a new place?

One more result (and hopefully the last) of Guido's intrusions with the aim to take personal benefit out of messing up other people private lives! :mad:

5. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

:(

6. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

As always, I live in Hope. Bamford would probably be cheaper. You never know, I never know. :)

7. s5tuart

Something to think about.......

It seems that at every jam there are usually a lot of numbers that don't get played. I suspect the reason is simply that people haven't had enough time to rehearse them well enough to air them in public and are shy.
    How about limiting everyone's choice to just a couple of numbers (obviously dependent on how many are attending) so time isn't wasted learning or half learning numbers that never see the light of day?
    That way we can also intersperse those songs with a few 12 bar jams to give everyone a chance to participate, and more importantly, concentrate our rehearsal times on stuff that will actually be played.

I'm guessing that around 15 people usually attend so that will give everyone 2 numbers to choose (if we use 30 as a base for the amount of numbers played at a typical jam).

I would hope there are some different and better ideas forthcoming; what do you think? :D

8. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

I need to check: Those are the two weekends between my mum’s and my wife’s birthdays...

9. nutball73

Oh dear it’s beginning to look like it’s me and Stu doing 4 songs...:rolleyes:

Thrup'ny Bit and s5tuart like this.
  10. s5tuart

I’m up for it :D
    Got a drum machine? :eek:

Thrup'ny Bit, nutball73 and felis like this.
  11. Mansonienne

I'm planning to come

s5tuart, nutball73 and felis like this.
  12. Mansonienne

Give it time...

s5tuart and felis like this.
  13. Mansonienne

@Mipstoo any chance you can make it?

felis likes this.
  14. Allthumbsmo

Allthumbsmo Strat-Talk Member

Fantastic idea. I have to say that I'll have no clue as to what I'm doing in October until September but I'd love to know what four tunes you were planning. I really must actually play songs rather than just noodling around. Good luck with your plans and I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

15. nutball73

I'm hoping it will be closer to 30 tunes rather than the 4! We usually put them in a shared google sheet and you add your name if you want to play on any particular one.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  16. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I'm available for the 19th. I'll review the budget this week. Should be good.

17. nutball73

That’s great Dave - be good to see you again.

Mansonienne, Groovey and felis like this.
  18. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

19. nutball73

More information:

This is what happened last time - http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/euroguestock-4-5-october-uk.482201/

And here are the videos - http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/euroguestock-4-5-london-the-videos.491030/

The studio is http://www.millhillmusiccomplex.co.uk/ Hopefully it will be available when we need it; I'll book as soon as I can confirm numbers and what sort of amps/PA etc we need.

Last time we went here for dinner - https://elvaquero.co.uk/. It was great value, total meat overload (there might be a veggie option). Again, I'll book nearer the time.

All ST members and friends are welcome - just RSVP to this thread if you plan on coming.

20. nutball73

He's way better than me!

felis likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.