Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Ever fall out of love with your Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Stratopat, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Rogue Bohemian

Rogue Bohemian what? WHAT????? Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 4, 2010
    Bacliff by Galveston bay
    I'm faithful to my Strat.

2. Bodean

Bodean Just A Simple Kind Of Man Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    I have a rule not to fall in love with inanimate objects.:D

3. FormerTeleGuy

FormerTeleGuy Senior Stratmaster

Nov 17, 2013
    Oak Lawn, IL
    Everday. We fight and she's like "Learn how to play and stop focusing on my imperfections you jerk".

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Ebidis

Ebidis Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    These are my Strats. I love them both, sometimes one more than the other depending on which way the wind blows, but I wouldn't say I've ever fallen out of love with either one.

D64FCD8C-C071-4296-B214-67EDECFC369F_zpsdl08sdst.jpg

6. Guitarhacker

Guitarhacker Strat-Talker

Apr 19, 2013
    California
    Yes, my first nice guitar was a 1979 Strat - big, heavy poly monster with a maple neck. But I was a big Clapton and Hendrix fan and I loved her.
    [​IMG]

Well along the way my musical journey took a bit of a detour and I fell in love with Carlton/Ford, jazz fusion and a Norlin era 335. My strat went unused for many years.
    [​IMG]

As the circle of life found its way around I again longed for a strat of a different sort. I found a lovely CS 64 Closet Classic and couldn't be happier.
    [​IMG]

Yves, Nate D, newplayeroldguy and 2 others like this.
  7. Swampash

Swampash Strat-O-Master

Jun 13, 2012
    Here
    Strat Plus in blue pearl dust, maple board. One day I just stopped feeling it.

8. Stratopat

Stratopat Strat-Talk Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Well, this thread has gotten me a little fired up. I have always been guilty of moving on impulse. Whitey has a Dimarzio Injector set to deliver on Tuesday. Guess I better go heat up the iron.

9. dreamingstrat

dreamingstrat Strat-Talker

Oct 13, 2010
    Philippines
    I did! I fell out of love of my Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster. I sold it to get another tele, I'm a tele-man first after all, but instantly regretted it. 2years later, i have a new (to me) strat, that I hope I get to bond with and love.

[​IMG]

10. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Strat-O-Master

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
    I do not miss the mid 80's MIJ I bought and sold within a few months. Sounded tinny and would not stay in tune. I loved it at first, but after a few months, the thrill was gone.. Too bad, since it was a pretty guitar.

11. Mr Hockey

Mr Hockey Strat-Talk Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Kennesaw , GA
    I fell out of love with my 60th anniversary classic players Stratocaster. I could never bond with that guitar for some reason. I traded it for a 60's road worn Stratocaster that I really enjoy playing. She's a keeper.

GSim likes this.
  12. Textele

Textele Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 10, 2009
    USA
    Tot take a phrase from the great Tina Turner (and also my wife)

Whats love gotta do with it? :D

13. anderz

anderz Strat-O-Master

May 4, 2014
    Denmark
    Part of the journey to love for partscaster Blackie was the slight upgrades which so far since 1995 has only been 3 times.

I already had the EC signature neck and Schecter ash body with a beautiful walnut color but once my second pickup choice by 1998 to Fender 1969 setup then the tonal quest was done.

Then I got used to be playing it.

With old Marshalls and fuzz it sounds great or whatever amp I use.

So love will always be there.

14. ProSonicLive

ProSonicLive Senior Stratmaster

Sep 4, 2016
    Texas
    *Reads title and is then cast into a 1000 yd stare.*

I remember that day....five minutes ago. I remember getting the challenge to a "rock off" I remember accepting...why did I accept? Oh, Why did I accept?

I gathered my amp, cable and, of course, Boxi June. and I headed to a roadhouse called "the crossroads" which featured an event called "cutting heads" I should have known this place would not be on the up and up. It had an underage kid playing a telecaster through a pignose on stage. Apparently, another guy was upset too cause he threw his guitar, a nice Ibanez, on the ground.

The kid unplugged from the pignose and left with some elderly gentlemen in a hat. I got to the stage to start plugging in my mustang 1 v.2 proudly made in china. I plugged in my whole rig and mic'd it up.
    Then, my challenger appeared.

"Hi, I am youTube user skiddleybiddley333, and I am the competition. Lets start, can you do some Stevie?"

I turned the Mustang 1 V.2 Proudly Made in China to the '65 twin reverb preset with the OD pedals level set all the way to ten with the gain at 1 and threw boxi June into the neck and middle.
    I ripped out "Scuttle buttin" The house band even played with me. There was a mysterious device with a projector that checked every note I played for accuracy. I even got a bonus for "%100 stevie tone" using my YaNiz special mod I bought for $130 online that makes sure I am getting the stevie sound that no other strat can get without it.

SkiddleyBiddley333 looked around and said, "well, now that the warm up is over, how about some Chris Isaak?"
    I rolled the tone back down and switched to to a 59 bassman on my Mustang 1 V.2 Proudly made in China
    I let out the first two long wails of the song 'wicked game' with some amazing reverb. The Device kept track of time and accuracy. I even nailed the vocal section where Isaak crushes his nuts.
    I finish the song with bonus points for the nut crushing.

SkiddleyBiddley333 Runs through song after song after song of multiple genres Until he gets to "flight of the bumblebee" which, He thinks will trip me up.... I nail it Steve vai style. The scoreboard not able to keep up explodes.

I look at SkiddleyBiddley333 expecting a concession. He only huffed and smirked and replied,

..."Yeah, but does It DJENT?"
    I tried Meshuggah, Not deep enough....I tried to downtune to Z Minor, No dice. I tried something else,
    Maybe Periphery ...still no dice.

I was at that point utterly defeated. Boxi June, could not Djent. She could not in fact do anything like I thought.
    She was not totally useless.

That was when I fell out of love with Boxi. Now she just sits on the sofa watching reruns of some stupid movie called "Crossroads" from the 80's. But I have no love for her anymore. It just is not there. /s

15. Stark

Stark Ghost of Johnny Thunders Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 16, 2011
    Richmond Annex, CA
    I never fell out of love with my '57 AVRI but she is now retired since 2013, when I got my korina Flying V. I now have a Les Paul Standard to go with the V. The only Strats I've played since 2013 have been tommytele's JV and heltershelton's REHAB.

16. Neil.C

Neil.C Senior Stratmaster

Mar 3, 2012
    Surrey, England
    I go back and forth between the Strats and Les Pauls depending on mood and music and whichever I am playing at the time seems like the best one. o_O

17. Rialas

Rialas Strat-Talker

Mar 14, 2016
    London
    I go back and forth from my musicmans to my strats.

Stick a set of Abigail Ybarra in there and you'll love your strat for ever.

18. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member

Not since my Tokai SS came into my life.....

19. gilmourstrat

gilmourstrat Senior Stratmaster

Oct 16, 2012
    Europe
    When I bought my AM Standard I was disappointed, almost returned it.

After a setup and after the guitar settled in I LOVE IT and its definitely a keeper.

20. qblue

qblue Strat-O-Master

Feb 18, 2009
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Yeah when I fall out of love with Strats it's because of a Telecaster. When that happens I think Strats sound like my lawnmower. Just a gross rumble with all notes played. I usually fall out of love with my 1970 version with the half-assed wax potting and microphonic pickups.

21. Family Man

Family Man Strat-O-Master

I sometimes neglect my CP60s in favor of some other flavor of the month. After a while, I'll look at my strat and decide to pick it up. I then fail to pick up any other guitar for a month straight. Happens every time. That strat is "home" for me.