Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Ever fall out of love with your Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Stratopat, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Stark

Stark Ghost of Johnny Thunders Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 16, 2011
    Richmond Annex, CA
    I love my '57 AVRI but she's been retired for 3 years now. I bought her new in 1986 as a 16th birthday prezzie for myself - I'm the sole owner. I just got tired of all single coils all the time, and I found my Flying V, which was my #1 until last December when I got a Les Paul Standard. I don't need a multi-radius neck, pups breathed on by Abba Zabba, Abby Cadabby or whoever, locking tuners, I don't care about "quack" or "spank," or any of that. I love my Strat just the way as she is. I just don't play her any more.

s5tuart likes this.

2. Jamie

Jamie Strat-O-Master

Jun 18, 2015
    Australia
    I'm seriously digging my Greco LP at the moment. I've barely picked up any of my Strats since I got it. Not sure if it's still the honeymoon effect but I like it more everyday.

Plus I can play Zeppelin and do this face so there's that...

IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0522.JPG

3. fenderkev

fenderkev Most Honored Senior Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Back In Blighty
    You do realise that DiMarzio do "Heavy Blues", and Virtual Vintage Blues", pups? Tried 'em both and liked them a lot, but finally settled for the slightly higher output DiMarzio Virtual Solo which I used for a couple of years. A friend recommended the DiMarzio Chopper to me, which is now my all time favourite bridge pup. I have them in the bridge position of both my Strats. They look like a Hot Rails, but sound a lot different in that they have a lot more high end than the Hot Rails. Heck, they sound just as good in the neck position, and even have a good clean sound too.

4. church boy01

church boy01 Strat-Talker

Sep 30, 2012
    glasgow
    I tried loads of bridge pickups , fury, chopper ect . Best one I found was Tonerider City limits and I added a base plate ...... Sounds amazing even in my hands .

5. Tone Quest

Tone Quest Strat-O-Master

Sep 11, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    I have 'other' guitars that I enjoy playing, but I always come back to my Strat. There's just something about "that" sound.

6. avri70

avri70 Strat-Talker

May 29, 2014
    planet earth
    No....but sometimes I wonder if my strat loves me :)

7. Stratopat

Stratopat Strat-Talk Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Wisconsin
    I am ashamed to say that for some reason, I have always ignored Dimarzio pickups. No reason, just never looked their way. I have since put a set Dimarzio Injectors in "Whitey" and love them. You mentioned the Chopper, I'd like to try one in a Tele. Guess I'm gonna need to buy another guitar.

fenderkev likes this.

8. rorytheherb

rorytheherb Strat-Talk Member

May 14, 2017
    Bethesda, Maryland
    funny story :)
    you should sit down on the couch with Boxi June and watch "Kung Fury" on netflix i think she'd like it ;)

ProSonicLive likes this.

9. the dark sailor

the dark sailor Strat-O-Master

Dec 18, 2008
    south jersey
    Nope. Love them all. Here & now, and from afar.

10. jjudas

jjudas Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    I've never fallen out of love with my Strats.