Ever regret selling a Strat?

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
If I have ever sold a guitar there was a reason. The ones I have now are the keepers, and price or country of origin has nothing to do with it.

Murdog

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
May 7, 2021
U.S.A.
Yes. 1988 (Not entirely sure of the date, that is just when I bought it new, in Japan) MIJ Strat. I sold it back in 1992, regretted it ever since. It's the only guitar I have ever sold.

4pickupguy

Strat-O-Master
Sep 22, 2014
Texas
A 62’ that I traded an old Yamaha CM-30 (not sure model number) synth and some cash to the owner of the music store I worked. I begged him to sell me that guitar until he caved. The caveat was if I sold it, he would get ‘first right of refusal’. I sold it to him because I started to collect tiny little dependent mouths to feed and we were very poor. He told he years later he sold it at a NAMM show to Mark Knopfler for a bunch of money and had a picture of them smiling holding up the guitar. I suspect Mark traded it or sold it shortly after because I have never seen it listed in the equipment list on his site. I miss that guitar but I would rather have a strat (Warmoth) I had stolen out of my car during a load-out in 98’. That one still hurts. Adding insult to injury I saw that even the old synths are worth a fortune these day lol.

just saw that I have already replied this thread. I’m old and feeble and forgetful and old….

Last edited:

Nokie

Strat-O-Master
Jul 31, 2018
No. I've sold 6 Strats that I can recall and never did so out of need for money and always knew why I was selling them. One was a parts-caster I put together and traded for a Tascam 80-8 8-channel reel to reel deck that I still have. A couple of years ago I finally sold my Ventures Model Strat 'cause I couldn't get the sounds I like out of the active pick-ups.. I got twice what I paid for that one which was nice. Another was a nice looking natural parts-caster I purchased wherein the neck was never in good sync with the body. The rest were Squier Strats I purchased circa 1982 when I couldn't believe you could get a Strat for $150-. I went for 3 of 'em and then realized the necks weren't cut as nice as my '79.

JDug

Strat-O-Master
Sep 18, 2020
New Jersey USA
Yep, thats why I just got my latest one I parted ways with, back today!

1st Strat: ‘96 Am Std Oly White/maple
2nd. “ : ‘04 Am Std 3TSB/maple
3rd. “ : ‘18 Am Pro 3TSB/r’wood
4th. “ : ‘09 Am Std Sienna/maple

Did a trade last week, #3 for #4 plus cash at GC last Saturday.

Missed my #3, gave back #4, took#3 back home, and got my cash back. Couldn’t be happier! She’s going nowhere!!!

Last edited:

Houdi Elbow

Strat-O-Master
Aug 9, 2021
UK
2012 Classic 50s, Daphne Blue.
For some reason I went off the colour, sold it about 4 years ago. Now, I regret selling it. Very nice guitar, sounded great. And now, guess what?... I really like Daphne Blue Strats..... Duh!!!!!!!

64702-a310cf5db9b15a79aadb2f7a20b4acca~3.jpg

Y

yettoblaster

Had a ‘97 CAR California Special with the swimming pool rout.
Also an AVRI ‘62 that was a great guitar.
I wasn’t done with Tele’s yet. Duh.
Now I am!