Everybody Loves to Ride the A Train (NEW)

Discussion in 'MyMusic Forum' started by guitarvegas, May 31, 2021.

1. guitarvegas

guitarvegas Senior Stratmaster

This has a Jazz Trio feel, with an added horn section too (so technically a quartet).

I posted a version yesterday but went back and ditched the original and reworked a lot of stuff.

Wow, so I made A LOT OF CHANGES to this!!! I replaced a big section of this with something else and I am glad I did it too. I started out with a little bit of the A-Train intro/chords and then moved into something else that is completely my own. I really like when I come up with my own music especially using piano as a foundation. I have a unique sense of rhythm and whether I am playing piano or bass, it seems to all fit very well. So this is my music, maybe my masterpiece? Nah, just kidding but pretty stoked on it! And the horn sections fall in just the right place and sound good with the rest of the instruments. Pretty cool. Would love your feedback on it. What do you think? Should I keep going or quit now? I feel that I may have something good starting to happen.
    I think you will enjoy this, let it build....it gets better as it goes IMO. But I want YOUR OPINION! Thanks! Happy Memorial Day.

Stratafied and floydrose like this.
  2. floydrose

floydrose Senior Stratmaster

Cool.

guitarvegas likes this.
  3. guitarvegas

Get beyond the first minute and a half, because the piano is kind of messed up in the beginning, but like I said it really builds up....let it build.

4. TepidPilot

TepidPilot Strat-O-Master

You obviously have not ridden on the A train recently. I can assure you that not everyone "loves" to ride it, or even likes it. Too dangerous lately.

Rename the tune and it won't seem so silly.

TP

5. guitarvegas

What do you mean?

6. guitarvegas

What do you mean?

7. guitarvegas

I should ditch the entire first minute and a half because I don't like it, but beyond that things get interesting. I may have to take that first section out all together and do something else that is fitting and smooth (because it was not smooth, the piano was jumbled).

Also I am going to be starting a project (kind of already have), it is going to be called the Jazz Abstraction Project. It will be all original stuff and I am looking forward to getting it going.

8. guitarvegas

So I redid a lot, starting up a new post. Look for "69th Street Terminal" if you want to listen to it. Thanks