Fake Strat

Dreamdancer

Senior Stratmaster
May 1, 2014
Greece
What price would you pay for a used squier bullet or affinity? thats about the ceiling if you wanna deal with unknown guitars like these....its might be a great deal if you want a cheap platform to do yourself a couple of mods but to carry the fender logo and asking certain amount of money is another thing...

Thrup'ny Bit

Grand Master Curmudgeon
May 21, 2010
Yorkshire
If you like the guitar and it plays well, treat it as though it's a used Squier partscaster in value and negotiate a price. You can autopsy it and do the forensic identifications when it belongs to you.

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon
@GeetarPwayer if you don’t mind your guitar not being a Fender, and you are in the market for something inexpensive , and better than. Squier for the same money, you should check out the Ibanez AZES31. It is a strat style guitar and has an interesting control layout they are $299.00 new Hardtail and single coils. It’s 50 more bucks if you want HSS and a trem.

2EFF7202-020E-4E8A-B529-16E28D35CDCF.jpeg

msbrech

Strat-Talker
Jun 19, 2021
Dover, Pa
The lace sensors are def real and well played. I don't mind it being a Squier body or copy neck but they are asking Standard Strat Pricing because that's what they were told when they got it.. I'm losing interest but it's a great blue!

I love that blue.
Shame the seller isn't just looking to sell the body, or asking a much lower price. That could be a fun modding platform!

MT Poteet

Strat-O-Master
Sep 10, 2021
Denco
If you are not ABSOLUTELY SURE DON'T BUY IT!
If it's an impulse buy you will probably wonder about it for eternity and eventually regret it.
There's lots of Strats out there. Find one you are sure of.

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
Hello there. I'm interested in a strat that I'm not sure is legit. First off the neck is a fake. Horrible orange peel and hacked sticker work. The current owner said it was replaced by a private shop because original owner wanted a Birdseye fretboard. 2nd, the current owner isn't interested in opening it up to check neck pocket for any numbers or proper routing of the body. 3rd, I can't find evidence of this blue stain color existing in Fender in the last 30 years. The original neck is not important to me but a color verification would atleast be a start. I know there isn't a lot to go on but I figured I try. Thanks for any help. View attachment 512739 View attachment 512740

So, you’re actually considering buying a ‘suspicious’ Strat body? Just decide what it’s worth on the basis that it’s likely fake and make an offer.

GeetarPwayer

Strat-Talk Member
Oct 12, 2021
Maine
If you like the guitar and it plays well, treat it as though it's a used Squier partscaster in value and negotiate a price. You can autopsy it and do the forensic identifications when it belongs to you.
So it's funny you say that because I'm going to buy it anyway at this point just for the experiment of it. I'll share the autopsy with this forum and it might be interesting who knows. Thanks.