Join Strat-Talk Today

favorite band

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by highway jammin, May 15, 2006.

1. Strattysteve

Strattysteve New Member!

For me it is the Beatles too. I love the range of stuff they did and the development of their music from the early days until the final album.The songwriting skill of John and Paul and in the later years, George. I love their post Beatles output in the main but although Paul came close, I don't think any of them ever matched their Beatle output. After that, I have a huge range of stuff I love, from classical to punk and all stops in between but as I have got older,Blues has become more important to me with B B King, Freddie King, Elmore James, Peter Green, Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Keb Mo and many many more appealing to my taste. I love slide too and Sonny Landreth amazes me but so does Derek Trucks and Duane Allman but then I could go on all night.

2. bluesbabe101

bluesbabe101 Strat-Talk Member

For me it's hard to pick out a favorite. If I had to pick a favorite band I would pick the Allman Brothers Band. If I had to choose a favorite guitar player I would choose Stevie Ray Vaughan. The Beatles were also great musicians and were great with singing harmony. And of course, can't forget about Jimi Hendrix... and Johnny Winter...and Robert Johnson...there's just so many...depends on what mood I'm in. :p

3. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Strat-Talker

dream theater is my favorite all time for many reasons !

4. bobthecanadian

bobthecanadian Strat-O-Master

Ok, my recent favorite is the Fabulous Thunderbirds, with Jimmie Vaughn. Actually, anything with Jimmie Vaughn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.