Feast Your Eyes on this Beauty!

Kester

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 17, 2012
Halesowen, England
Look at this astounding piece of luthiery. The staggeringly authentic paint job, revolutionary 'straight on thru' neck pocket, lovely body contours and super low price of £300. If I was a multi millionaire who suddenly took leave of all his senses I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Seriously though, the item description is one of the funniest things I've seen for a while.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-S...008461?hash=item41d3f64d4d:g:rBYAAOSwytJaBgE7

nederemer

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA.
This ... is the stuff nightmares are made of. With that kind of routing I feel like it should have one gigantic humbucker with like 36 poles.

Edit: prime candidate for this right here.

Attachments

• 795354d03d3745ca5c2620afccd23915--bass-guitars-electric-guitars.jpg
    795354d03d3745ca5c2620afccd23915--bass-guitars-electric-guitars.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 60

Kester

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 17, 2012
Halesowen, England
I wonder why so many people who attempt relicked bodies fail to spend any time looking at what well worn old Strats actually look like?
Absolutely. To think, somebody spent hours creating that. Then took three steps backward, gazed at it a while and thought ‘yep, that looks great’.

stratman323

Dr. Stratster
Apr 21, 2010
London, UK
Absolutely. To think, somebody spent hours creating that. Then took three steps backward, gazed at it a while and thought ‘yep, that looks great’.

It would be good if the person behind that thing was a window cleaner. Because, after his next window cleaning job, if he took three steps backwards off his ladder to admire his work, he would never again butcher another guitar body. :sneaky:

papergoblin

Strat-Talker
Sep 21, 2017
Alabama
This ... is the stuff nightmares are made of. With that kind of routing I feel like it should have one gigantic humbucker with like 36 poles.

Edit: prime candidate for this right here.

I actually like that guitar, be a nice wall art piece.

The "relic" I don't get, how is it that someone uses stripper and a scraper to do that say it's relic. Unless Edward Scissorhands played a guitar, no relic ever going to look like that.

Guy Named Sue

Censored
Feb 11, 2015
Terra Incognita
What's funnier is the ad description, change a few words and you got an ad for Single malt whiskey

Our shrine to the heritage and legacy of those pioneers who made us what we are today. The RD Custom Shop reached new heights of craftsmanship with its acclaimed “relic-ed” guitars and basses that revolutionized the entire concept of “born again”instruments. The RD Custom Shop has since ventured even higher by crafting meticulous replicas using the same techniques and tooling used to create the originals all those years ago.

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
Look at this astounding piece of luthiery. The staggeringly authentic paint job, revolutionary 'straight on thru' neck pocket, lovely body contours and super low price of £300. If I was a multi millionaire who suddenly took leave of all his senses I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Seriously though, the item description is one of the funniest things I've seen for a while.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-S...008461?hash=item41d3f64d4d:g:rBYAAOSwytJaBgE7
Looks like one of the ‘bowling ball’ models gone hideously wrong