Feels like NGD..

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by JimiisGod, Jul 27, 2017.

1. JimiisGod

JimiisGod Strat-Talker

So for S n G's I wanted to do a little change up, 1983 '57 AVRI neck onto 66 Sunburst refin and 66 bound neck onto 57 AVRI body. You can see original CAR paint on 57 neck is showing on 66 body, '57 neck pocket seems to be almost 1/8" bigger then 66.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    ocean and 1980 like this.
  2. Bazz Jass

Bazz Jass Chairman of the Fingerboard Strat-Talk Supporter

You crazy guy! :D

More like 2 x NGD.....

3. JimiisGod

JimiisGod Strat-Talker

It is like 2 NGD's, the AVRI neck is sooo skinny small but it looks cool to me with the Sunburst like a fifties strat and the 66 neck is amazing full C neck, when I got the 57 it was painted primer and I wanted Mary Kaye see through white but I shouldve had it returned to CAR stock, I still think I would like to refin to CAR but I like it white, sometimes I think I should have em paint CAR over the white but for now I think its pretty sweet.....

4. Adam Wolfaardt

Adam Wolfaardt Strat-O-Master

What is S and G's? What does refine mean? Why is this in the strats before 1966 part of this forum?

5. JimiisGod

JimiisGod Strat-Talker

****s and giggles, refinished and I suppose I put it here cuz I separated 1966 body and neck and put 66 neck on 83 body and 83 neck on 66 body, I couldve put in the other one but then someone wouldve said "why is this here"? mods can fix if its not appropriate

6. JimiisGod

JimiisGod Strat-Talker

Oops my bad, it's before 66, I believe the body is really a 65....I gotta sell all my crud and find a pre-cbs strat an a 50's gibby...

7. Adam Wolfaardt

Adam Wolfaardt Strat-O-Master

The term for refinished is refin. Refine is something you do in a refinery. :)

8. Bazz Jass

Bazz Jass Chairman of the Fingerboard Strat-Talk Supporter

Also Scotch & Gingerale, and Simon & Garfunkel - all very fine. And refined. ;)

Adam Wolfaardt likes this.