Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Re-Issue

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by skeetercaster, Jun 17, 2012.

1. skeetercaster

skeetercaster Strat-Talker

Feb 7, 2012
    Jacksonville, Fla
    yeah, they sell for around 600-700 bucks used,I found mine on craigslist,the kid wanted to move to the beach for the summer,and needed deposit money ...I got it for $500, I've invested at least that much in mods on the amp,it sounds much better than stock,I love it, it's a keeper,part of the family....the Class-5 is modded also, with Mullard tubes,and a 12" Celestion greenback...together these sound really good,and both amps handle pedals with no problums,great for country,blues, rock,and yes it will get dirty

2. Strategy

Strategy Senior Stratmaster

Aug 7, 2009
    Florida

OK, thanks for the heads up on the used prices for these. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it back down to GC yet for the one I saw the other night, but it seems $600-700 is pretty much the going rate for used DRRI's..

So I'll just keep my eyes open for another one, because I'm sure that particular one has probably already been sold by now.

On another note, I've had my Class 5 for a couple of years now, and it still seems a little "muddy" to me.. Any tips on getting it to open up more? (Tube swaps, etc.) How do you like the Mullards?.. Did the 12" Celestion fit in there okay?..

Thanks ~

3. clauscaixa

clauscaixa Strat-Talker

Oct 24, 2012
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Hi All,

lucky DRRI owner here. I would like to be member of the club. Any rites of admission?

image-3834515317.jpg

Best,
    cc

4. skeetercaster

skeetercaster Strat-Talker

Feb 7, 2012
    Jacksonville, Fla
    Weber Beam Blockers

Hi Guys I just installed a product Weber calls a Beam Blocker on my DRRI and in my 1x12" extension cab both equipt with 70 watt Weber Silver Bell 12"s.....oh man' what a difference,much warmer sounding,they run about 15 bucks Weber Beam Blocker -- high frequency diffuser

5. K4HXE

K4HXE Strat-Talk Member

Feb 19, 2011
    nv
    just saw this thread, know its a little old but gonna pop in.

in june 2012 i pickedup a DRRI scratch/dent from amercian musical. there were some noise crackling issues but i replaced one tube and the footswitch, more or less fixed that issue.

now i'd like to mod it a bit. cruising some forums looking for ideas and costs.

the speaker that came with it is a C12K 8ohm jensen special.

looks like the Cannabis Rex or Weber Silver Bell are liked a lot. anyone tried the Jupiter Condenser speakers?
    the Patriot Cannabis Rex 12" 50W Hemp Cone is affordable for me and then replace the stock tubes.

i don't know what kit to get to replace tubes and/or caps. any recommendations

tia

6. rudos1

rudos1 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2013
    Boston
    I have the CR in my ampeg superjet and really like it..

7. K4HXE

K4HXE Strat-Talk Member

Feb 19, 2011
    nv
    it sure gets a lot of good recommendations. cost is sure decent for my wallet too.

8. K4HXE

K4HXE Strat-Talk Member

Feb 19, 2011
    nv

an old thread but i'll try a ring up to skeetercaster,

1. was the tube premium-package worth the cost generally speaking?
    by chance have you tried 6L6 tubes vs the 6V6 in the DRRI?
    i only ask as i saw on Merc's site a report of "RCA blackplate 6L6s" versus 6V6.

2. is there a kit for the cap & resistor circuit board along with schematic for that mod you made?

tia

9. Strategy

Strategy Senior Stratmaster

Aug 7, 2009
    Florida
    Well, snagged a mint used '08 at Sam Ash. Great amp!

[​IMG]

10. Rogue Bohemian

Rogue Bohemian what? WHAT????? Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 4, 2010
    Bacliff by Galveston bay
    My DRRI goes into the shop this week for radical surgery. I'm having it built to original 65 DR Blackface specs, as close as possible. NOS caps and other parts. Turret board PTP. No more PCB. All new pots and jacks. Mercury Magnetics Fat Stack OT. And a little bit of special voicing to tame the highs that the Fat Stack will add.

And it's all being done for less than the cheapest DRRI.

Base price of $200
    NOS parts +$50
    Mercury Magnetics Fat Stack $149
    Total $399

What I'll have: A 65 Deluxe Reverb new clone. And a big grin.:D

11. K4HXE

K4HXE Strat-Talk Member

Feb 19, 2011
    nv
    i'd like to get those NOS parts you mention. what & where if ya don't mind.
    i recently upgraded with Mercury Magnetics and a eminence cannibis rex. happy i did it even with the expense.

12. Stratty

Stratty Senior Stratmaster

Dec 13, 2009
    Prattville, Alabama

13. Rogue Bohemian

Rogue Bohemian what? WHAT????? Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 4, 2010
    Bacliff by Galveston bay

Sorry, I forgot to revisit this thread. He only had enough for a couple of more builds after my amp was done.

If you still want them, it's worth asking. Shoot me a pm and I'll give you the contact info.

14. eldorado2001

eldorado2001 Strat-Talk Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Illinois USA
    '65 DRRI FSR model with Jensen P12R spkr. The alnico speaker breaks up at lower volume than the ceramic spkr in the standard DRRI, but it's not quite as loud as a result. Plenty of juice for me tho. Sounds fantastic.
    [​IMG]

Bladesg likes this.

15. jerrygator

jerrygator Strat-Talker

Mar 6, 2012
    Massachusetts
    I also have the wine fsr. Tubes swapped and a JBL D120. Sounds minty!!
    [​IMG]

16. Carlos Lucena

Carlos Lucena Strat-Talker

You can't go wrong with it ;)

[​IMG]

Bladesg likes this.

17. tomguitar1963

tomguitar1963 Strat-Talker

Feb 4, 2011
    england
    [​IMG] hi here is my 6 year old 65 deluxe reverb the best sounding amp I've owed period I parted met blues junior for it no regrets this will be with me always now

18. tonenut

tonenut Senior Stratmaster

Mar 27, 2011
    TxCrossroads/Cottonfields
    just got this '65 deluxe LTD head nos from mom and pops store for 685.00 and a ToneTubby 1x12 cab with purple haze spkr. later gonna put some JJ's tubes in her

Attached Files:

o6 oly white likes this.

19. o6 oly white

o6 oly white Strat-O-Master

Oct 23, 2013
    Graham, WA
    Cool, I'm not alone. Tung sol output tubes, mojotone open back cab with 2 wgs G12C/S speakers. 20160730_192841.jpg

tonenut likes this.

20. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Fa-ra-ra-ra-raaa, ra ra ra raa! Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 19, 2011
    red barn, USA
    this followed me home earlier this week. Late 2005 '65 DRRI. Sounded good with the Barn Band.

20170117_170624_resized.jpg 20170117_170529_resized.jpg