Fender '68 Custom Vibro Champ Issue

Flapjack

Strat-Talker
Feb 4, 2009
United States
I have had this amp for just over two years and it has served me well in rehearsals and performances, but today when I turned it on I heard static-like hissy noise and then the reverb did not work. I think I can actually hear the reverb a little when I crank it all the way up, but it is mostly gone. Otherwise the amp seems to work well, perhaps a little less volume that usual, but I could be imagining this.

Is it possible I need to replace a preamp tube (I realize the reverb is digital, but I have no idea how the amp really works)? Do any of you have any suggestions for what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Update: I just tried it again and the reverb worked fine. Of course, I am happy about this, but also nervous it will give out again when I most need it. If anyone can help me understand what might have happened/be happening, I would really appreciate it. Odd...

Last edited:

The Ballzz

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 26, 2014
LAS VEGAS , NV
Its not completely unusual with solid state and digital stuff to need to be cycled off and then on again for everything to "re-boot" so to speak. Much like computer! And let's face it, that is what digital reverb is, on a small scale! Who knows, maybe it got a jolt of static electricity, or some such. Glad it's working again.
Just Sayin'
Gene

Flapjack

Strat-Talker
Feb 4, 2009
United States
Its not completely unusual with solid state and digital stuff to need to be cycled off and then on again for everything to "re-boot" so to speak. Much like computer! And let's face it, that is what digital reverb is, on a small scale! Who knows, maybe it got a jolt of static electricity, or some such. Glad it's working again.
Just Sayin'
Gene
Thanks for the reply. This makes sense. It has been working fine today as well. Fingers crossed it continues to....