Fender Accessories

Kharma Bodies

Strat-Talker
Jan 21, 2021
New York
There are 2 great loves in my life, guitars and skiing.

The Fender guitar, I can say, touched my soul a very long time ago. Probably around puberty. A little earlier than skiing but around the same stage of development.

I saw this today in my email from Fender:

Seems like a slam dunk for marketing.

I can say that for me this is a big fail. I wouldn’t ever consider wearing one of these while skiing (unless I received it for free. And I’ve received many of these items from manufacturers in the past because of my status in the ski industry)

I have a major disconnect between these 2 favorite parts of me.

From my POV. This is a marketing fail.

I’m interested to see how this ends. I admit I might’ve jumped the shark on the marketing side of things.

PeteGeordie

Strat-Talker
Feb 12, 2021
UK
There are 2 great loves in my life, guitars and skiing.

The Fender guitar, I can say, touched my soul a very long time ago. Probably around puberty. A little earlier than skiing but around the same stage of development.

I saw this today in my email from Fender:

Seems like a slam dunk for marketing.

I can say that for me this is a big fail. I wouldn’t ever consider wearing one of these while skiing (unless I received it for free. And I’ve received many of these items from manufacturers in the past because of my status in the ski industry)

I have a major disconnect between these 2 favorite parts of me.

From my POV. This is a marketing fail.

I’m interested to see how this ends. I admit I might’ve jumped the shark on the marketing side of things.
Agreed. Oakley Airbrake with Prism lenses for me. Easy to swap lenses on the mountain. It does depend on the shape of your face though. These are perfect for me but my lad can't get on with them.

TimJ

Strat-O-Master
Aug 5, 2012
London
I would guess any stuff like this that’s peripheral to what the company actually does is probably not aimed at the connoisseur of whatever the secondary piece of merchandise is, and instead just aimed at the person that loves Fender so much that they just want the logo plastered on other stuff too.

Personally I don’t see the point in stuff like this, but maybe there is a market for it, god knows how many other products there are out there where I’ve thought, “why bother?”, but plenty of people lap it up anyway.

CirroStratus

Strat-O-Master
Sep 11, 2022
Stratosphere
I got the same email and ended up with similar thoughts. My first reaction was “wha…?” Why would I buy goggles with the Fender logo attached, for a premium price? I would potentially buy all sorts merch with the Fender logo on it, if it was guitar related. My other passion is motorcycles, and like Stratocasters, I own several Ducatis. As a consequence I also have a fair share of Ducati merch, yet every last piece is motorcycle related. I mean, I wouldn’t buy Ducati themed oven mitts 🤨

Deviljho

Strat-Talker
May 8, 2018
Canada
Wow. Those goggles slap.

I’d get them for aesthetic alone. But imagine wearing these at Blue Mountain, and a fellow musician at the resort spots the Fender logo, this striking up a conversation. That’s what I love about these sorts of cross-brand collabs.

Kharma Bodies

Strat-Talker
Jan 21, 2021
New York
Wow. Those goggles slap.

I’d get them for aesthetic alone. But imagine wearing these at Blue Mountain, and a fellow musician at the resort spots the Fender logo, this striking up a conversation. That’s what I love about these sorts of cross-brand collabs.
I didn’t check but I think the only thing that’s different about these goggles and their regular lineup is the Fender logo