Fender Acoustasonic Guitar - anyone have one and can share thoughts?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by SoulSurfer, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:18 PM.

1. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General Strat-Talk Supporter

To me the ES2 is better than all the K&K pickups, LR Baggs and Fishman I’ve tried and I’ve tried about 12 different ones between those three companies. The ES2 has way less quack than all those to my ears. Having said that I will only plug an acoustic in if I’m playing with a large band that is loud and then I use a Fishman Aura Spectrum with mic IR’s. Otherwise I always use a mic. There is no pickup that compares with a good mic in front of an acoustic to me.

nickmsmith likes this.
  2. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General Strat-Talk Supporter

The PRS Hollow Body II piezo is designed to be able to use just the piezo or the mag pickups or blend the two. The piezo on the PRS creates an acoustic tone from the guitar. Check out this demo.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Jaguar Convert Strat-Talk Supporter

I think Lifeson from Rush uses one like that, or something like that. It sounded awful live though, I guess the sound man didn’t know how to EQ it any other way than ear piercingly shrill.

Stratoskater likes this.
  4. joebloggs

joebloggs Strat-Talker

Had the Taylor T5z, sold it and bought a nice acoustic. It could do both, but not very well IMHO. I would rather have an electric and an acoustic over something like that. As the saying goes....More is better! :)

nickmsmith likes this.
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Jaguar Convert Strat-Talk Supporter

Of course, but if a company who sponsors you, and has made a signature model of yours, asks you to “check this out and give us a Publicly released review,”

there’s some chance that the review may be sweetened for sure. Even from the most honest of folks. It’s just human nature, I think.

I know for sure, that’s how certain pickup makers thrive(d) on this forum and elsewhere, because I’ve been on the receiving end of it on a couple occasions. I know I’m not the only one. Word of mouth is everything.

And an endorsement from someone who is excellent, or talks a lot.. giving away items is the cheapest way to effectively advertise.