Fender alt reality Electric XII - hardcase

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by IMuzzy, Mar 29, 2020.

1. IMuzzy

IMuzzy Strat-Talker

i finally received my new Electric XII before Christmas after a 10 month wait, it’s LPB and I’m loving it so much.
    And so I set out to find a hard shell case, ideally a Fender / G&G case if possible, all were not suitable as being too narrow, too short or for one reason or another, finally contacted G&G directly by email and enquired if the could build me one - yep sure, $400 shipped
    If I had an original from the 60’s that would be ok but it’s half what the guitar cost, so no go there, finally the nice folks at Andertons (my local store!) put up with me trying nearly every case they had and we found a ABS hard shell bass case by Tourtech, not a perfect fit but I felt confident to buy the case and alter it to suit (with help from My wife on the fabric) we cut away some polystyrene to allow the guitar to lay flat an added some padding to fill the area behind the rear strap pin - job done!
    I hope this is helpful to other owners as it’s a good compromise and although it’s a bass case it’s not too large. Images to follow later

3bolt79, Nadnitram and Nick Evans like this.
  2. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

No you didn't. None of this happened. I can tell, because there are no pictures. :rolleyes::p

IMuzzy and 3bolt79 like this.
  3. Crowcaster

Crowcaster Strat-Talk Member

Too bad we're so far apart....I bought this on impulse the other day and while waiting for it to be delivered, I started to get the feeling that it wasn't what it was advertised as (strat/tele case), but I thought it would fit my Jazzmaster. Wrong. So I posted on TDPRI and someone thinks its a Fender Electric XII case. So I might be doing some modifying myself since it's an oddball.

IMG_1224.jpg IMG_1223.jpg IMG_1222.jpg

4. IMuzzy

IMuzzy Strat-Talker

Crowcaster, too bad indeed as it does look le a XII case and I suspect someone will take off your hands locally, here are the photos as promised;
    0B97281F-336C-4C78-B281-BAF34A2B2DF7.jpeg

5. IMuzzy

IMuzzy Strat-Talker

6. IMuzzy

IMuzzy Strat-Talker

4B63F185-8B94-4435-91A7-3135299A2B71.jpeg

Attached Files:

7. IMuzzy

IMuzzy Strat-Talker

90AC82BB-37F1-4A0E-A146-F91725F4A8BB.jpeg

Malurkey and rze99 like this.
  8. IMuzzy

IMuzzy Strat-Talker

There she is, sorry for the messy post, did it from my phone!