Fender American Standard Stratocaster 2012 fretboard tickness

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by vasokg, Oct 23, 2021.

1. vasokg

vasokg New Member!

Hi friends,
    I have strat from a title. My tech told me that fretboard from rosewood its not ok. Thickness of the fretboard at a first fret is 4mm and on 22 fret about 3mm. Is this normal. Can someone messure it on his Strat?

Thank you very much in advance

2. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 DEEPLY SHY.

Hi , @vasokg

can you ask him if the truss rod is broken /or why he thinks a problem?

that fretboard thickness is about how mine is now. And the truss rod is fine too.

3. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Most Honored Senior Member

There's nothing wrong with your guitar fretboard.. its just been shaped to get the correct fall from the nut. The rosewood board on my 1997 A M Standard is the same.. so.. don't worry..

3bolt79 likes this.
  4. Antstrat

Antstrat Dr. Stratster

As said above your fret board is fine. I'm just guessing your tech is possibly looking to make some money from you to fix something that doesn't need fixing.

3bolt79 and Stratafied like this.
  5. vasokg

vasokg New Member!

Thank you guys, i am so happy with your answers. I will show him your answers and ask him what is going on. For my point of view, it is very logic because the neck is wider on 22th fret then on 1th fret so it has sense that rosewood fretboard is different in shape and thickness on different points at the neck. Thx again and cheers :)

Bob the builder, 3bolt79 and Antstrat like this.
  6. buzzword

buzzword Strat-Talker Silver Member

It's completely normal, I have a 2021 Strat and the fingerboard is similarly shaped.

1) Tell him you've decided to not have it fixed right now and get your guitar back *before* confronting him about it.
    2) Change guitar techs, otherwise you're just giving him an opportunity to find a different way to rip you off and furthermore you'll always be suspicious that he has. Why go through that when there are plenty of honest people around you can deal with?

CB91710 and Antstrat like this.
  7. Antstrat

Antstrat Dr. Stratster

You need to post more! Would be interesting to know what the guitar scene is like in your part of the world.