Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender amp with distortion?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Stratocaster95, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Stratocaster95

Stratocaster95 Strat-Talk Member

Hello all!
    I'm trying to figure out my pedal situation.
    I'm playing through a small 20-watt Orange solid-state practice amp. I'm in college and i'm currently living in the dorms so this is the best I can do. Okay here's my deal:

I have a Xotic SL Drive pedal which is awesome but all it gives me is volume and gain. I want to get a BOSS Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb pedal and use that (it has gain, treble, bass, vibrato, and reverb) which is a pretty awesome deal. My problem is, would it be dumb to keep using my SL Drive as my hard rock distortion while using the Fender pedal?

Hope that makes sense!

2. revmike

revmike Strat-Talker

Not really. If you like the sound it gets then do it man. All the greats were sort of mad scientists doing experiments with their tone. Besides plenty of people have multiple "dirt" boxes in their board.

3. nuculer terrist

nuculer terrist Senior Stratmaster

Try it and see!

4. Strat-Slinger

Strat-Slinger Senior Stratmaster

Yeah... live on the edge... rock a few stomps and experiment a bit. Diff dirt pedals have diff sounds... like going to the Ice Cream parlor... lots of flavors to choose from

5. Stratocaster95

Thanks for the responses! I ordered it and I'm going to try it. Hope it's everything I hope it is.

6. stratman in va

stratman in va Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Some of this stuff is trial and error.. mix and match to see what sounds good.

I get good sounds with my old TS10 pedal ( now that its repaired!) in front of most any amp.

7. suncrush

suncrush Senior Stratmaster

Yep, definitely plug and try. Sometimes the best sounds come from an unorthodox order.

8. Stratocaster95

Also, what do you think of a Tube Screamer in front of all this? I'm so paranoid about my tone.

9. supershifter2

supershifter2 Strat-Talker

get one of these Bullets and use the gain stage. 15 watss and LOUD !awsome man awsome !

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.