Fender Artist Signature Models w/“signature” tag on the headstock

HighwayStar106

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 5, 2018
United Kingdom
The Squier Simon Neil Strat had the Biffy Clyro band logo on the front and the signature on the back:

188383D6-6B76-4EE0-A25F-D74997485A07.jpeg

That bugs me more than a signature would - although clearly not enough to put me off buying it. It’s easily covered up with a clip-on tuner anyway. :D

Snibborwocky

Strat-Talk Member
Jul 13, 2017
Texas
Agreed 100%. I love some of Fender's signature models but those sig scribbles on the front of the headstocks are an eye sore. I wouldn't mind so much if they were all on the back (like my Hendrix model) or more so engraved on a special neckplate that players could swap out if they wanted to do so. I've been tempted a few too many times to pull the trigger on the Beck, Clapton, and Cray models but those signatures on the front just kill my gas for actually pulling the trigger. Yes, it's petty and a stupid reason probably not to buy one (aside from the rising prices) but my ocd would most likely make me sand it off with sandpaper and ultimately ruin the finish.

SurfsUp

Senior Stratmaster
May 18, 2016
Aff-Ma-Heid, Ontario
I have a Les Paul Traditional, and (like all of Les Paul's guitars) it has his signature on the headstock, front and centre, and that's never phased me.

However, I see what you're saying. But again, I've a EC Strat and the little sig doesn't bother me none either.

That said, I'm sure every Strat has at least a twin out there. My 2015 American Deluxe V neck (other than the electronics) is very much a poor mans EC Strat. Even though I bought it new at relatively the same cost of a production EC Strat lol.....

albala

Dr. Stratster
May 10, 2012
Hilton Head, South Carolina
If you really want a JB Sig neck, find a Strat Plus or Strat Ultra neck.

They are very similar and have no signature.

I wanted a Strat Plus neck and tried out the JB Sig neck, even before I was a JB fan.

I don't mind the sig 20220923_154040.jpg

Nick L Plate

Strat-Talker
Sep 15, 2020
Santa Barbara
Not a big deal to me, but I agree with the OP. Many of us want our guitars to be our guitars, even when we've chosen an artist model. I guess the rationale for showing the signature is to appeal to those players who want others to notice how they are emulating a star player, which is a little too fanboy for others. I wish they would put the signature on the back of the headstock. I like how CS guitars don't have the CS logo on the front.

jmfc93

Strat-Talk Member
Sep 22, 2020
Catskill Mountains
If I loved the guitar, I would put a sticker that means something to me over the signature Like your kid’s birthday or whatever you want. Personalized stickers can be made anywhere. Put your signature on it!

ETucc

Strat-Talker
Apr 10, 2022
NJ
I have a Les Paul Traditional, and (like all of Les Paul's guitars) it has his signature on the headstock, front and centre, and that's never phased me.

However, I see what you're saying. But again, I've a EC Strat and the little sig doesn't bother me none either.

That said, I'm sure every Strat has at least a twin out there. My 2015 American Deluxe V neck (other than the electronics) is very much a poor mans EC Strat. Even though I bought it new at relatively the same cost of a production EC Strat lol.....
The Les Paul custom has the diamond inlay and no signature 😉

BuddhaFingas

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 16, 2019
Chino Hills, CA
I'd only really care either way (and then only marginally) if it was an actual "wet" signature hand-signed by the artist in question. An autograph.

TimJ

Strat-O-Master
Aug 5, 2012
London
Yeah, I think this is the kind of detail that only guitar nerds care about - which is fine, as this is a guitar nerd forum, but I don’t think if you play live, that anyone in the audience cares.

I don’t care that much on a personal level either, I own multiple sig models and it doesn’t make me think less of the guitar if there’s an actual signature on there - though from a purely aesthetic perspective, sure, agreed it looks better on the back of the headstock, or the neckplate, say, rather than screaming out “this is someone else’s guitar”.

Got to admit though that it was kind of Jimi to pop back from the heavens long enough to sign all his ones though…