Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

For Trade Fender Bronco Needs TLC

Discussion in 'Misc Other ... for sale, trade or wanted' started by Hugh, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Hugh

Hugh Needs Mo Motown Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 26, 2009
    Louisville (KY)
    Trade feeler - only interested in trading for an effects pedal. Please just post what you have to trade. If it's not something I need I will acknowledge your post with a Like. If it's something I'm interested in I'll shoot you a pm.

Someone installed a DiMarzio pup in this one and did a not-so-great refinish.

I still have to hunt down the pickguard which I have around here somewhere. They didn't do a great job cutting it for the humbucker but it could be touched up I suppose. I'll post a pic of it when I find it. I don't remember whether or not it has the pots or jacks still on it or not.

I think I have the neck plate, but not sure. Seems like I saw it about a month ago. I've moved a lot of stuff into storage and I have to dig for it and the pickguard. May find one or both later today. I'll be hunting for cables and power supplies, etc anyhow.

No string tree on the neck and the tuners have been replaced.

0619170442a.jpg 0619170441a.jpg 0619170442.jpg 0619170441.jpg 0619170440a.jpg

2. Hugh

Jul 26, 2009
    Louisville (KY)
    Humbucker not included

0619170435.jpg 0619170441b.jpg 0619170521.jpg

3. Hugh

Jul 26, 2009
    Louisville (KY)
    I'll post the photo of the back of the body when I can do so in daylight. Can't get a good cell phone photo.

Jamie_H likes this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. BretFuzz

BretFuzz Strat-Talk Member

I've got a limited edition Earthquaker Devices Palisades with box in great condition, if you're interested.

Hugh likes this.
  6. Green Craig

Green Craig Senior Stratmaster

Oct 15, 2012
    Michigan
    Cool thread idea, I just wish I had any pedals decent enough to offer up as trade :)

Hugh likes this.
  7. Hugh

Jul 26, 2009
    Louisville (KY)
    Let me look into it. I got a couple of guys I talked to over on TalkBass whose opinions I regard highly. I'll ask them how they think it may sound with a bass.

Might be a day or two before they get back to me.

BretFuzz likes this.
  8. jaybones

jaybones Senior Stratmaster

Years ago I persuaded my bandmate and buddy Reggie to buy a Bronco at a pawn shop. Someone had stripped the finish, wood looked like pine (or something, big knothole). Not refinished, just stripped and maybe sanded (felt like they'd used chemical stripper since the grain was raised).

Think he paid them $40 for it. Thought maybe he'd get a cool old late 60's Fender single coil out of it.

Took it to my house and plugged it in. Distorted sounded muddy, like a fuzz pedal, not to terribly unpleasant. But that was the only tone it had.

Clean it was indistinct and muffled. Muddy again, and not in a good way.

He planned at the time on air brushing it Lake Placid Blue (knew that it would take a LONG time to spray a whole body with an air brush).

I've been after him for a while to sell it to me, so I can hardtail it. Throw in as many coils as I can (probably some dummies) and make my own Mr. Horsepower type thing.

Instead of a tachometer that responds to the guitar, I thought I'd put an old school VU meter in the upper horn, mini light up switches for each pup, cast some aluminum headers (lost wax using bent straws and smelted beer cans, polish them up to a shine), a chrome mud flap girl and a flame job.

Not a direct copy, but an homage.

[​IMG]

9. Jimmy Burn

Jimmy Burn Strat-Talk Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Langley, B.C. Canada
    Earthquakes devices hummingbird, lovepedal picklevibe, ross chorus, reagun overdrive?

Hugh likes this.
  10. BretFuzz

Sounds good!

11. BretFuzz

Also have a boss ns2 noise suppressor i can throw in as well in good condition.

Hugh likes this.
  12. BretFuzz