Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender Custom Telecaster FMT-HH

Discussion in 'Telecaster/Esquire Forum' started by Archangelmm, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Archangelmm

Archangelmm Strat-Talk Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    I have been considering buying the
    Fender Custom Telecaster FMT-HH but have not found any to try at any of my local guitar stores, has anyone tried these? Any thoughts?
    I already have the Classic Vibe 50’s Strat which I love and will get the Classic Vibe 50’s Tele in Butterscotch Blonde soon.
    Thank you
    Michael

2. zumzool

zumzool Strat-Talk Member

Aug 19, 2015
    chi
    I've owned two and I've sold two of them. Resale values suck on these. Overall, the guitar is well made and the Black Cherry burst is gorgeous. However, it's closer to a Gibson SG than a tele and I did not jive with the Jumbo frets. Fairly versatile and light weight.

Korean made with flawless quality. The flame maple top (FMT) is very well done. It's very light and offers a belly cut for comfort. The mahogany body with set neck made it feel like an SG more than a Tele. My original one had Fender Humbuckers which were quite good (it had a Pink Floyd sound to it). Later models switched to Seymour Duncans. I preferred the Fender humbuckers better. Also has a coil-tap so humbuckers turn into single coils. Also has jumbo frets which I personally don't like....

The black cherry burst is simply beautiful. It came with Seymour Duncan pickups. A '59 and a Pearly Gates Pickup. I ended up swapping them out for Gibson P-94 pickups. I really enjoy the P90 sound and thought they would look really good in this guitar. Because there was a coil tap already set up and P-94s are single coil, I had the coil tap switch modified so it can be in series and in parallel. I eventually put in Seymour Duncan P-rails which were cool but still ended up selling it.

Archangelmm likes this.

3. sumran

sumran Fan of Leo

Mar 7, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Great guitars. I bought a husk that started life as an FMT HH. I put P90’s in mine. I would have left the humbuckers in it if they had been in the guitar.

Archangelmm likes this.

4. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 6, 2014
    In the shadows
    Admin Post
    I've owned a number of these. When I bought my new Baja last month I was tempted to get another. Used is for sure the way to go though. This model takes a huge hit in the resale market.

Archangelmm likes this.

5. BEACHBUM

BEACHBUM Strat-O-Master

Mar 6, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Originally made by "Cort" Korea and now made by "Cort" Indonesia. I agree with zurnzool about the SG analogy. With the mahogany body, set neck and dual buckers the guitar is a lot like an SG in Tele clothing but without the infamous neck dive problem.

[​IMG]IMG_0488-1 by Don Wiklund, on Flickr

Archangelmm likes this.