Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender forum gone

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stratwrangler, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Raphael256

Raphael256 Strat-O-Master

Would it be right if Fender had placeed links at their site to a Strat talk, Tpdri, Squier talk???

2. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Senior Stratmaster

not just their guitars!!:(

3. Rider2040

Rider2040 Strat-Talk Member

For a company like Fender, the revenue of today must pay for the production of today’s inventory, development of the products of tomorrow and support for the customers of yesterday.

When you’ve been in business for 50 years, that’s a lot of yesterday’s customers to support.

How else could they do it without selling stuff today?

The longer you are in business, the harder it is to do because your past customer base is growing faster than your future revenue.

4. FuzzFace90

FuzzFace90 Strat-Talker

You’re right about Fender’s customer service. I had my first run in with cs a couple of months ago. I bought a classic 50s strat in April 2019. Great guitar, however the neck was a dud. One of the double dot fret markers at the 12th fret began to disappear. Very odd, the wood looked like it was absorbing the dot. And whatever material was used to fill in under the frets shrank and disappeared under several frets with the top coat still intact. I’ve never had that happen with any guitar. Being such a new guitar I knew it had to be under manufacturer warranty. It was bad craftsmanship, not anything I did. So, I emailed Fender and they told me to find a service center. I live out in the middle of nowhere, I bought the guitar directly from Fender’s website as they offered the Fender Play discount and I couldn’t pass up the savings. In retrospect I won’t buy from their website again. Anyway, all service centers near me are 4-5 hours away in any given direction. So it wouldn’t be practical to drive to one. I called fender cs.

The person I talked to was very nice, they pulled up the email I sent and said they would take it to someone higher up. I was only on the phone 2 minutes. I felt good about it and I figured this would be resolved quickly. Well, weeks went by and I heard nothing. I went ahead and replaced the neck with a fender nitro replacement. Zoo Music on Reverb gave me a really good deal. I highly recommend them.

I sent another email to Fender saying: “hey, you forgot about me!” And I’ve heard nothing back. This is pretty disappointing as I’ve bought a lot of Fender products that I love and at the first instance of trouble Fender failed. I’m not going to completely drop this. They haven’t heard the last of me. Now when I read disparaging comments about Fender’s cs I shake my head in agreement.

Nick Evans likes this.
  5. Tone Guru

Tone Guru Senior Stratmaster

No.
    Too many of their little known methods and secrets are called out.
    They don't want that as evidenced by the burying of their own forum.

Raphael256 likes this.
  6. CB91710

CB91710 This is a Custom Title Gold Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Fender is a corporation and the forum was provided as a service to their owners.
    Links to other sites could be viewed as uncompensated advertising, and since private forums generate income from ad revenue, forums not mentioned could potentially file claims against Fender.

Same issue with reality shows blurring out company logos on hats and t-shirts.

7. =KARMA=

=KARMA= Senior Stratmaster

circles likes this.
  8. White Dog

White Dog Strat-Talk Member

Ok....here is their latest. If you have time to watch this, tell me this isn't "Fuse" in a different format. Same *hit, different day" right Fender? Yep....you'll get people to buy it. So sad it's (greedily) come to this.

Then when it crashes and/or too many hard working, hard money makers have paid for them, and it becomes a pain in your *ss, you'll say good-bye and come up with the next money maker.

White Dog misses 'FENDER' of yester-year.

CB91710 likes this.
  9. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member

I never knew Fender had a forum on its site.

10. CB91710

There was some good information there, but it was extremely slow... "The Lounge" was the busiest place, and the bass players were the most talkative.

I'd check "unread posts" and then mark "The Lounge" as read and there would only be one page of threads with new posts.
    The Strat sub-forum probably averaged 10 per day.

CalicoSkies likes this.
  11. ajb1965

ajb1965 Old Enough to Know Better Strat-Talk Supporter

That's too bad. I haven't been over there in months though. This place was always much more interesting anyway.

CB91710 likes this.
  12. FelixV

FelixV Strat-Talk Member

It really is such a shame that they didn't just close the forum for new posts, as all the information and discussion that was on it is now gone.

This is one of the biggest problems I have with the internet, I think everything should be on blockchain to preserve everything. It's so sad when you run into an error page because a site is dead. All the information, effort and work someone spent on a site, lost into the ether.

13. valor19

valor19 Strat-O-Master

Official Orange forum gone. Then Official Fender forum. And now Capcom is closing their forum. This will be the last forum I visit. All the rest are gone. Lucky for me this place is pretty awesome.

ocean likes this.
  14. jbylake

jbylake Regular Dude Strat-Talk Supporter

I agree.

Nick Evans likes this.
  15. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

Fender Fuse shutting down is a disgrace considering they are still selling the Mustang I models.

I found Fuse a really good option and fortunately have downloaded all I need but if you have just bought an amp that uses it ..........:(

CB91710 likes this.
  16. CB91710

This really does make me glad that I did not buy a Mustang a few years ago.
    And also makes me hesitant to consider Fender if I want an amp that relies on an interface for the bulk of its functionality.

Yes, I get it... technology gets outdated, and they can't be expected to support and provide improvements on software products forever.
    But a complete shut-down and elimination of all cloud/online functionality? AFAIK, I can still install Windows XP, activate it, and get the last updates from MS. Support for Windows 7 was discontinued in January, but our Win7 machines here at work continue to receive security updates regularly.

Neil.C likes this.
  17. himijendrix

himijendrix Senior Stratmaster

I didn't realise it had gone, it's years since i logged on.

I used to go on it but got p1ssed off when I found that making remarks in the slightest bit critical to Fender was not approved of by the mods.

18. CB91710

Not sure what Fender forum you were on, but there's been pretty much no moderation for the last 2 years.. at least not any visible moderation.
    Reporting spammers (they got through, despite it taking a week or 2 for new users to get approval to post) took days before they were blocked... and then their spam posts were deleted, but not the entire thread, leaving a mess of one-post threads saying nothing more than "Reported" that would always show on the "Unanswered posts" search.

Brad was pretty much the only employee who was visible, and some mysterious "Admin" guy who posted announcements.
    There was PLENTY of bashing of the Mustang amps, customer support, quality issues... no different than here.

19. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Is fender tone different from fuse ? On the GT amps

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

20. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Will gt amps be able to use the gtx software

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.