Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender Introduces The Vintera

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Skinny Nitro, Jun 25, 2019.

1. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

No Im the final authority on this JJ Abrams Spock.

LPB Blue Strat and Black Tele are the correct answers for the definitive classic Fender guitar colors.

Im sorry....now you have to go back to your original timeline/universe before Star Trek got ruined.

ZlurkCorzDog likes this.
  2. PCollen

PCollen Senior Stratmaster

The CP60's Strat only.

savofenno and StratGuy4692 like this.
  3. TangerineDog

TangerineDog Senior Stratmaster

Oi! I found one in my parts box today that I might use one day... for something...
    Edit: there, I went and stuck a knob on it. Now I'm using it as a knob storage device!
    So much for nobody using it...

Actually, the earliest Tele in the Fender lineup was available in both black and butterscotch blonde but since the black was a tad more time-consuming to paint, more butterscotch models than black ones hit the racks. So you hit a draw on this one.
    The Strat however was pictured in early catalogues as a lovely black-grey burst :D
    So the most classic Strat color would be a 2-tone Sunburst.
    But for the most classy, I'd definitely favor LPB over 2TS :whistling:

Also I kinda liked the Kelvin timeline but Discovery is where it's at ;)

Ah. Well. If you want a 6 point bridge on the Strat, a 3 saddle bridge on the Tele and vintage tuners on both (and frankly, I do), then yes, we're s.o.l.
    But seeing that both a Sunburst Strat and - and remember, the Butterscotch MIM Standard Tele had only been released in 2017 - a Butterscotch Tele are available at the entry level MIM price is quite refreshing.
    It's gonna take you no more than 75€ to vintage-ize that Tele and turn it back again in time to sell it.
    The Strat is another story, but Sunburst 6 screw Strats have been made for ages and there's one up on eBay every other week (I let a mint MIM Std for 480€ slip and darn it, I'm not sure if I should have).

And frankly, we're gonna survive the few years they're gonna be absent from the catalogue. If to you the MIM range is dead to you 'til then, I totally get it and so be it. But in the time 'til 6 screw Sunburst MIMs come back, I wouldn't have bought one anyway.
    Would you? o_O

4. possumkiller

possumkiller Strat-Talker

70s Strat specs say the neck has been changed from the 70s U to the 70s C?

kris ford and The-Kid like this.
  5. The-Kid

The only thing I could see that could redeem the Vintera Modified line is if they used Pure Vintage pups in them to justify the HUGE PRICE JUMP. putting Pure Vintage sets in place of the old 69s and 57/62 found in the Classic Players 50s and 60s will IMO cover the justification for a higher price tag.

The Classic Player 50s and 60s is was a better guitar than this Modified Vintera stuff until that happens.

The price jump IMO can only make sense if they put 65 Pure Vintage in the 60s Modified Vintera and 59 Pure Vintage in the 50s models.

For 1000$ its kind of crap that they raised the price and lowered the quality of the hardware.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    sgarnett, savofenno and Andrew Wasson like this.
  6. gofmusic

gofmusic Senior Stratmaster

I love the bigsby one.

savofenno and JP68 like this.
  7. esseff

esseff Strat-O-Master

I luv the metallic pink one...
    dcng28gb4b1fufgnervt.jpg

TangerineDog and The-Kid like this.
  8. The-Kid

Id get that and slap 65 pups in it.

But for 1000$ should already be included.

savofenno and TangerineDog like this.
  9. sandgren

sandgren Strat-Talker

I was just informed from Thomann that expected delivery of the 50’s Mod DBL will be October, probably. They have quite a few of the other models in stock though..

savofenno likes this.
  10. Tee H C

Tee H C Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

11. savofenno

savofenno Strat-O-Master

There is many other MiM Strat models with 6-screw bridges left. It`s unbelievable how many people give the impression that for them Standard/Player are only MiM Strats there is!
    Ok, those are slightly more expensive. I prefer Classic as my base MiM Fender, and i have many Strats and Teles in higher ranges, and i see them as perfectly affordable!

TangerineDog likes this.
  12. TangerineDog

TangerineDog Senior Stratmaster

Well sure, but right now, there are no new models available in these specific colors - which, as far as I had understood, was part of what @sadmoodyfrazier dislikes about the Vintera Series. And frankly, so do I.
    Besides, for me, the Standards were just perfect, having both my preferred bridge specs and neck profile (and finish), the neck being more important.
    If I was partial to a glossy neck, the Classic Series would have been my poison as well :)

As for you finding an 800$ guitar as affordable... erm, good for you? I'm sure there are some who'd need the upcharge from the lowest level MIMs for something else just like there are many for whom a 1700$ guitar is perfectly affordable, but hey, if you can comfortably afford an 800$ guitar and feel the need to point that out, you do you ;)

savofenno likes this.
  13. kris ford

kris ford Strat-O-Master

I tested one out at Guitar Center last Saturday..and it was pretty awesome, to be totally honest..thru a DSL40CR, I had killer rock tone...part of me wished that I could have left with that Tele and amp..:D

I liked it based on my sample size of one LOL

savofenno and RadioFM74 like this.
  14. kris ford

kris ford Strat-O-Master

It also looked to me as if the bridge pickup was vulcanized fiberboard, and not plastic (unless that was just wax..)

I may have to go look again..anyways, while not 100% loving the color, I thought it was a great Tele!! neck felt chunky, full, and AWESOME..whatever profile they're calling it!

savofenno and RadioFM74 like this.
  15. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Senior Stratmaster

Agggghh you’re not helping with my GAS! At all! :p

savofenno and kris ford like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.