Fender is not responding

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by sadmoodyfrazier, Aug 1, 2020 at 3:08 AM.

1. daytonian

daytonian Strat-Talk Member

Just play it.....

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  2. StratMike10

StratMike10 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

If you have to find the faults with a microscope, maybe the fault is not on the guitar.

hexnut, Guitarmageddon and Stonetone like this.
  3. sadmoodyfrazier

sadmoodyfrazier Senior Stratmaster

You are so rude.

4. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Senior Stratmaster

THIS.

5. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

it could be worse. You could be in Brazil.

Moody, just face it. It can be a little bit of both. A little bit of sloppiness from them, and a little bit of OCD from you.

I think the pickup poles are completely fine, and I've seen hundreds just like that.

The pickup screws on the pickguard look not ideal to me, and I think your claim is reasonable.

But again, if you saw the screws on my current main guitar....

6. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

You bought this online through Fender directly?

fos1 likes this.
  7. sadmoodyfrazier

Bought from an authorized reseller here in Italy. Every one of these guitars are this way and I can't stand the screws that way. I have a classic and a RW and no one of both is made that way. The reseller told me to send the guitar to them and then they will send her to warranty repair. So I would see my guitar in an year, maybe, to change a pickguard. If Fender would reply to me I'm perfectly sure that they'll send to me a perfectly fine pickguard for my guitar.

8. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

It seems proper protocol would be to take it back to dealer. Their markup would take care of cost to fix a problem.
    Seems to me this is normal for that guitar and therefore not a manufacturer mis sight.
    You somehow walked out the door with it and want to bypass proper protocol .
    There is a saying here.." You're barking up the wrong tree".
    Fender will tell you the same thing .
    Respectfully.

Woof

rafasounds, fos1 and hexnut like this.
  9. sadmoodyfrazier

They have sent me a neck for my Classic 70's which was defective why they shouldn't do the same for a cheap pickguard? I'm not a fool. I know exactly what I do. The point is that I wrote to Fender Italy maybe a couple of months ago with no response and a week ago to Fender UK with same result. Maybe they are not working for the COVID thing.

Wound_Up and rafasounds like this.
  10. BlurgyWurgyWibble

BlurgyWurgyWibble Strat-Talker

It definitely isn't as consistent. The scuttlebut on the Vintera and the Player series is that they range from fantastic to firewood and everything inbetween.

Here's one of my Classic Series strats.

IMG_20200801_190705.jpg

As you can see OP, the poles rarely line up. There's too much variety in nut width for them to ever line up consistently when every other part is stamped out the same dimension by the million. That's true on most guitars tbh. Since I will generally put my own PAFS in anything that takes a humbucker, they never line up..

I DO agree that the pickguard holes should be counter sunk. All my strats are.

IMG_20200801_190713.jpg

That is unacceptable to me. Sure, you could fix that yourself in 10 minutes with a unibit and a cordless drill, but why should you have to void your warranty when you've just paid 1000 euros?!

I don't think you are OCD anyway! ;)

11. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

I've seen the new models and would agree with the scuttlebutt. Those screws are terrible.

As for the poles, he was wondering about the stagger, not the spacing.

sadmoodyfrazier likes this.
  12. sadmoodyfrazier

Finally someone got my point about the poles.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  13. Thrup'ny Bit

I got it straight away, that's why I posted a pic of mine, and the screws of course.

rafasounds and sadmoodyfrazier like this.
  14. BlurgyWurgyWibble

Oh, sorry! Well. Aren't they plastic bobbins? If they are the wire never contacts the magnets, so you can push them wherever you want them to be. That's no biggie?

15. Thrup'ny Bit

Well mine aren't they're fibre 57/62s RWRP middle on the Classic Player 50s. I don't know what the Vintera has, I had assumed fibre too.

16. sadmoodyfrazier

No plastic bobbin... they are traditional ones. Anyway Thrup said that they are just fine that way so I'm a lot quieter now about pickups.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  17. BlurgyWurgyWibble

Fair enough. Also I just read the post about the holes being counter sunk but the screws not. Still not cool, but I'm sure Fender will send you some screws. :D

18. Thrup'ny Bit

I can't find one decent photograph online that shows whether the screws are supposed to be countersunk or not on Vinteras. I'd guess that they normally are and the scratchplate on this one isn't. The screws look like they may be.

19. sadmoodyfrazier

I've seen other pictures of vinteras just like mine. Seems that all vinteras are this way. It's just a step in the production which Fender jumped sistematically.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  20. CB91710

CB91710 This is a Custom Title Gold Member Strat-Talk Supporter

This.
    You have a part that had a factory QC issue, that's a warranty issue, and the factory is going to refer you back to the local dealer or authorized repair center.
    Fender doesn't ship replacement parts other than parts purchased new through their web store.

As far as response.... A few months ago, Fender shut down their user support forum. Flat out killed it and unplugged the servers. They only had a couple of employees on the forum, and they were IT guys, the only one who was active as a user was posting as a personal user, not in an official capacity.
    I don't know if Fender eliminated positions in the department or what happened behind the scenes.

Regardless... the same pandemic that has impacted Italy has also impacted the US, and particularly in California (Corona), the governments have taken very harsh "stay at home" measures and imposed strict employee separation requirements for businesses that are keeping their offices open. Many employees... and a lot in the IT and customer service areas, are working from home... so productivity is significantly down. American workers who used to "sneak" time on Facebook and Amazon no longer have a boss looking over their shoulder, so an 8-hour shift that may have been productive for 5 hours 6 months ago is now getting the work done that used to be done in 2 hours.

Meanwhile, customer inquiry calls and emails have increased as people find themselves stuck at home.