Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Wanted Fender John Mayer signature stratocaster 3-tone sunburst

Discussion in 'Guitars for Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by Bohannon, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Bohannon

Bohannon New Member!

Aug 31, 2017
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello all, I'm brand new to this forum after exhausting every other option while looking for a John Mayer signature stratocaster in 3-tone burst that is decently priced and in good condition.

If anyone has a lead on a Fender John Mayer signature stratocaster in 3-tone sunburst for sale whether it be a friend, a local pawn shop or someone on this forum, please let me know!

I appreciate it,
    Thanks.

I will attach some pictures below of the guitar I am referring to just incase anyone needs it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Inverness

Inverness Senior Stratmaster

Dec 24, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    There are 2-3 on Reverb right now. 2100-2500. One at 1575, but they are pulling the loaded pickguard out of the sell.

3. Bohannon

Bohannon New Member!

Aug 31, 2017
    Ontario, Canada
    Yea I'm looking for one with the pickguard still in it. I'd like to have the big dipper pickups.

Thanks anyways.

4. Bohannon

Bohannon New Member!

Aug 31, 2017
    Ontario, Canada
    I also can't even find the bodies themselves. What did you have to search to find them?

Thanks.

5. Inverness

Dec 24, 2013
    Salt Lake City

6. Bohannon

Bohannon New Member!

Aug 31, 2017
    Ontario, Canada

7. Inverness

Dec 24, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Nate D and tealsixtysix like this.

8. tealsixtysix

tealsixtysix Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 30, 2015
    Massachusetts USA
    OP, is it possible that you're searching Reverb for Canada listings only? It sometimes defaults to things like that.

The link that @Inverness posted looks like a good guitar at a fair price.

9. Bohannon

Bohannon New Member!

Aug 31, 2017
    Ontario, Canada
    Sorry, yes you are right. Reverb was searching for Canada only ads. That's 100% my mistake.

Thank you guys.

Nate D, vid1900 and tealsixtysix like this.

10. oatsoda

oatsoda Puck of Paradox Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 10, 2011
    The Shack, Nova Scotia
    Welcome to strat talk Bohannon! Nice little café scrambler there.

You're treading dangerous waters man, you start with the JM strat, next thing you know, you've convinced yourself that you need a Martin JM 000-14 to complete the set, only then to discover that without a Rolex on your wrist, the tone just isn't there, and after a few weeks of near contentedness, you hear about the Patek upgrade...

Good luck

Matt33, 2-Finger and Bohannon like this.

11. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member

12. tealsixtysix

Aug 30, 2015
    Massachusetts USA
    From what I've seen lately, if you want a nice one with original pickups and the cool Incase soft case, you should expect to pay US$2,000 or a little more. There are a bunch out there that are being offered without original pickups and/or the Incase case.

I've seen people asking $500+ for those Incase gig bags. I keep wondering if there's some contractual thing keeping Incase from offering them - there's definitely a market.

13. rdiaz1

rdiaz1 New Member!

Oct 1, 2017
    Ca
    Hello,
    I have a 2012 3 tone- Sunburst JM Strat that I would like to sell. If you are interested, let me know and we can work something out! (I am in California).

Thank you! I look foward to hearing from you!

14. Jazzman

Jazzman New Member!

Oct 8, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    Hello Rdiaz1,

Do you still have your 2013 JM Strat for sale? I'm interested in getting a JM Strat please send me a message. Thanks

15. RIPROY

RIPROY Strat-Talk Member

Jan 29, 2013
    New York
    Bohanan... Find yourself a 1996 SRV Strat. I owned one awhile back and I believe it's pickups were the impetus for the JM signature strat. The 1996 pickups were wound different, possibly by mistake, and they had a distinct mid-range scoop in tone. JM's first Strat was a 1996 which he still owns. I wish I never traded away that 1996 SRV Strat. Poly finish or not, that guitar had tone in spades. If you are so inclined, look for a SRV Strat SN6(XXXXX) serial number. Good luck!

16. Jazzman

Jazzman New Member!

Oct 8, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    Riproy,

Thanks for you comments on the 1996 SRV Strat. I appreciated the information because I can't find a JM Strat in mint/excellent condition. I had started looking at the Eric Johnson Strat in a Blond White or a 2-Color Sunburst finish because I can't finding a JM Strat.

17. Bohannon

Bohannon New Member!

Aug 31, 2017
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks for all the information everyone. I managed to find a JM strat on reverb for a decent enough price and I've been messing with it for a few weeks now and it's fantastic. Here are a few pictures if anyone is interested.

Also I dig the attempted thread high jack..

Screenshot_20171026-130451.png
    Screenshot_20171026-130519.png
    Screenshot_20171026-130512.png
    Screenshot_20171026-130500.png

fattboyzz, jrbondy and Inverness like this.

18. tealsixtysix

Aug 30, 2015
    Massachusetts USA
    Looks great. You've got me thinking about buying one myself now. HNGD!

Bohannon likes this.

19. TorontoMapleStrat

TorontoMapleStrat Strat-Talker

Jan 8, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Nice! Did you have any trouble with CITES with the Rosewood board? It has become very difficult to get guitars with Rosewood up from the US with the new regulations.

Hydr0 likes this.

20. Bohannon

Bohannon New Member!

Aug 31, 2017
    Ontario, Canada
    I had no problems getting the guitar from the US. It came from new York to just outside Toronto so not a huge journey but it still had to cross the border and such. I made sure the seller shipped with usps. Ups screws you over big time with customs and import fees. I didn't even know there was a new regulation regarding rosewood fretboard guitars.