1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

Fender Mustang footswitch questions

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Wound_Up, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Strat-O-Master

I currently have a Mustang II v1 and just ordered the optional 1-button footswitch(099-4049-000, seen below) for it. Fender says that's the one to use with the Mustang II but I was just wondering if anybody has actually tried the other footswitches on one to see what, if anything, happened.

[​IMG]

Does the other ones just not work at all when you plug them in? Like if I tried this MS2 2-button switch that just cycles up & down, would it just not respond?

[​IMG]

https://reverb.com/item/35098136-fender-ms2-mustang-footswitch

Thanks.

You can actually build your own 1-button footswitch to do exactly what the one above does for the cost of a cable and a momentary switch. It ends up costing the same just to buy it new from Fender so I just bought one. I think it was 13.79 and I had a $5 off coupon, so $9. I can't build one for that cheap lol

2. ryunker

ryunker Senior Stratmaster

Wondering the same question before I order one.

3. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

you can only use a single button footswitch on the Mustang I and II. it gives you the option to toggle between two presets. That said... any single latching footswitch will work. I built one myself out of a spare switch and an empty pedal box i had when I was using my Mustang.

4. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Strat-O-Master

I know that's what they tell you. That's why I bought 1. I was just wondering if anyone tried the other footswitches anyway to see what happened. I mentioned building one in my original post but I can't build it for any cheaper than I can buy one already built so I bought it for about $9.50

It'd be $10+ for a cable alone because I don't have an extra to donate to the project.

I may pick up one of the 2 button up/down footswitches I posted above and see what happens. If it doesn't work, I'll just return it to Amazon. Why not? Got nothing to lose except maybe a few $ for shipping.

It seems like it could work if they wanted it to. I mean, you can select different presets within Fuse & Remuda without having to turn the knob, which is essentially what that footswitch I posted does.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to go into the software and mod it to work with other footswitches or something.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020