Fender Mustang GT amps?

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by twangsta, Mar 30, 2017.

1. sumran

sumran Fan of Leo

Unfortunate if his impressions are a fair assessment of the product. He might have gotten a bad one or just liked other things. I like his channel and think he is a good evaluator. I have no real info on the amp nor have I played one. I do think the concept and app interface are good. But if the execution is poor that doesn't matter. They will probably get it fixed at some point. They have invested too much money and credibility on the product not to do so.

2. johnnymg

johnnymg Most Honored Senior Member

The other possibility is that Fender purposely 'didn't try hard' on this amp. Shane returned his GT200 and purchased another Fender amp for almost twice as much. That's a win-win for Fender................. :p

Ditchgator and Chont like this.
  3. Ditchgator

Ditchgator Strat-O-Master

Shane' first comment about smelling a burning plastic odor is probably the reasons for the amps problems while gigging.
    Instead of the amp just shutting down, perhaps one synapse fried and affected other connections downline?
    Andertons review had me willing and ready to pull the trigger last night. The sounds and the intuitive way in which to achieve them, I thought were just what I wanted.
    However...Shane' unfortunate experience has thrown a wrench into the speeding wheels of this amp purchase.
    As with the launch problems with Peavey' phenomenal Vypyr Pro100 and now Fenders questions of reliability, I don't want to risk my time and money on anything until the bugs are addressed.
    BUMMER. I was looking forward to something new to play with.
    So...personally, I'm back to either the Katana, or the Blues Cube. Both interestingly, Roland related.
    Simpler is better me thinks. At least at this juncture.
    However, I applaud the aspirations of the minds that want to make our futures in music creative, fun and keeping it inspiring.
    No worries, they'll get there. Goals of the greedy corporations to make a quick buck before R&D has been completed...p!$$#s me off though.

4. Hash McBrown

Hash McBrown Senior Stratmaster

Never thought I'd see an amp review here o_O

5. Kstu

Kstu Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Would be nice if they do another revision of this I can't express enough the disappointment I had with the gt 100. Went back next day. Cheap phone speaker felt with a towel over it. I was so bummed. I always express anything can sound good. Not this. To me of course.

6. Hash McBrown

Hash McBrown Senior Stratmaster

I'm thrilled with mine. It's so easy to tweak the sound any way you want with the phone app. It's just like anything else you buy, some people will like it others won't. Neither is right or wrong.

I just thought it was funny to see the Mustang GT amp reviewed at Road and Track

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  7. TIMB

TIMB Strat-O-Master

I like my Gt 40. It took some tweaking but sounds great to me. No problems with it so far. If anything it has to many options and choices. It’ll take me years to try everything. Endless possibilities.

8. johnnymg

johnnymg Most Honored Senior Member

Some nice tones here ....................... guitar skills for the win.