fender noiseless pickup identity

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by cortley, Oct 29, 2009.

1. cortley

cortley Strat-Talk Member

Hi
    I have a fender noiseless pickup that I need to identify.DC is 9.9 and the cover says Noiseless. wires are white and black.
    is this a middle, bridge or neck pickup or does it even matter?
    I would like to put it in the bridge of one of my strats.
    thanks for everyones help.
    Cortley

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. cortley

bump for response.

3. fenderkev

fenderkev Most Honored Senior Member

Sounds like a vintage noiseless with that D/C reading. The "Hot Noiseless", come in at 10.4 D/C. The SCN's are 11.4/6.5/6.5. I'm almost certain the Bridge pup has yellow and black leads, and the middle/neck has white and black. Take at look at this for more info. .:: Fender®.com ::.

Attached Files:

4. Oldboy

Oldboy Strat-O-Master

I agree.From your readout,I'd say it's a Vintage Noiseless.The Hot Noiseless have a higher readout.It's either a neck or middle,as they both have the same black and white leads.The same pickup is used for either position.According to Fender site,they have the same part number.The bridge has black and yellow leads and a different part number.Also,Fender lists all three pickups as having the same readouts.

Anyway, I don't see any reason why you can't use it in the bridge position.

skypeace likes this.
  5. cortley

so the only diff is the wire color? its not reverse middle because they are humbuckers?

6. Oldboy

Oldboy Strat-O-Master

Yes,they are stacked humbuckers so reverse wind/reverse polarity shouldn't be a factor.I don't why the bridge has different color wires since the specs on all three pickups are the same.

7. fenderkev

Reverse middle is used to stop the 60 cycle hum of regular single coils!

8. cortley

ok.
    its the same as the photo so I guess I will pop it in and see what it sounds like.I have had it a couple of years and stuck it in a mahogany bodied Ibanez for the single middle{it was a S540 model}. I wasn't overly impressed with the sound{but it had some power} but maybe it will sound bigger and better then the current bridge pick I have now.
    thanks everyone.

9. faithman2k

faithman2k Strat-Talk Member

Depending on your volume and tone pots it may sound dark compared to your regular pickups. Just be mindful of that. They usually need 500K pots or greater.

10. fenderkev

Thats a good point. Harmony Central is full of reviews saying the vintage noiseless pups sound dead, until the volume pot is changed to a 500k. When you buy the whole set you get 3 pots and a capacitor too. Trouble is if you're using other regular single coils with it, they'll sound way too bright!

11. cj19

cj19 New Member!

Noiseless Info

Just picked up a used set of three. The two black/white are numbered 053328, the black/yellow is numbered 053336. The black/yellow (for bridge according to these previous replies {Thanks, I was thinking it was for the middle} has one difference also in that the pole pieces are spread further apart - one would think to compensate for the angle of the bridge p/u to hopefully help the poles stay center under the strings.