Fender Player Plus Belair Blue Maple SSS Stratosphere Build

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by SGD74, Oct 6, 2021.

1. SGD74

SGD74 Strat-Talk Member

I really liked the Belair blue player plus Strat but I didn’t fancy it with a pau ferrer neck and I didn’t want it with HSS either. Unfortunately that’s the only option, so I decided to shop for player plus parts at stratosphere. Including import fees and delivery, it came to around £800 which is slightly less than what they are going for in the UK.

I got a maple neck from a player plus 3 tone as it was the best looking neck.
    I got a parchment SSS loaded pickguard from a tequila sunrise player plus. I thought parchment looks better than mint which comes with the belair blue HSS.

One question I have is what size allen key fits the bridge for these guitars? My usual 0.5 doesn’t fit as it seems to be a little bit small? I’d appreciate any help with that from player plus owners, thanks!

Here it is :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  2. FrieAsABird

FrieAsABird Senior Stratmaster

That looks great! No idea about the Allen key but still a nice looking guitar :)

SGD74 likes this.
  3. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member Gold Supporting Member

Looks nice. :) Did the neck you get also have locking tuners? (The Player Plus comes with locking tuners)

SGD74 likes this.
  4. SGD74

SGD74 Strat-Talk Member

Yeah it did. It’s the neck from a player plus 3 tone sunburst, so silver fender logo, rolled edges, locking tunes, etc. Looks more summery and fresh now I think compared to default option :D

CalicoSkies likes this.
  5. TimJ

TimJ Strat-O-Master

ah, very cool. I'm in the same boat of liking the paint job but not being so keen about a pau ferro fretboard (it's purely superficial, they obviously play fine).

That's a decent price as well considering the parts.

dante1963 and SGD74 like this.
  6. SGD74

SGD74 Strat-Talk Member

Yeah I’m not against it either, I’ve got a Nashville with pau ferro and it looks cool. I got lucky with a nice wood grain and colour but some are wild! I just didn’t want it for this body.

Its my 3rd stratosphere build. They have worked out well for me but you have to be patient to pick the bits you want and grab them quick when they appear for sought after bits. No import charge for loaded pickguards ;)

7. IronSchef

IronSchef Senior Stratmaster

perfect example of why partscasters are so great - you get exactly what you want!

Beautiful build :)

SGD74 likes this.
  8. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Senior Stratmaster

Its one of those color schemes that you think its gonna suck on a guitar until you actually see it on a guitar.......and then you wanna suck it from the guitar.....;)

SGD74 likes this.
  9. Exhead

Exhead Strat-Tinkerer Gold Supporting Member

Yeah this color scheme is frosty cool. I like the green one too but not the silver HB. HNGD!

SGD74 likes this.
  10. SGD74

SGD74 Strat-Talk Member

Yeah I like the green one too. I think that would look cool with a black pickguard and all black plastics as an SSS too

Exhead likes this.
  11. SGD74

SGD74 Strat-Talk Member

Turns out it is a 0.05 Allen key for these guitars. Other guitars I have use one a little bigger but I always thought it was 0.05 :)

rontime likes this.
  12. rontime

rontime New Member!

How’s the neck? I recently assembled a CAR deluxe body with a loaded AmProII pickguard (from The Stratosphere) with a no name rosewood neck. And in June, I jumped on that LPB Player deal from Adorama. I’m thinking I could get a maple PP neck and sell-off one of the existing necks. A new maple neck with rolled edges for $300 is very appealing. Plus, I’ve never played a 12” radius.

BTW beautiful build!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  13. dante1963

dante1963 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

That's very nice!

I was just texting someone a few minutes ago, about how I wished Fender would have offered that finish with a maple neck and in an SSS configuration.

SGD74 likes this.
  14. SGD74

SGD74 Strat-Talk Member

Thanks :) Neck is spot on. I’ve got other fenders with a 12” neck and you quickly adjust. It feels good. I’ve got an AM pro 2 dark night I made from stratosphere parts and a performer neck on another start so rolled edges is nothing new to me but very nice on a Mexican strat. I would highly recommend buying a player plus neck as it’s good value and high quality. Just be patient and pick the wood grain you like!

15. SGD74

SGD74 Strat-Talk Member

Here’s some more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rontime likes this.
  16. Lucius Paisley

Lucius Paisley Strat-Talker

I much prefer that to stock, although I still say the fade to go side to side, I'm just not sure if light to dark or dark to light.

SGD74 likes this.
  17. jbylake

jbylake Fabulously Famous Nobody Gold Supporting Member Silver Member

I'm normally more "reserved" when it comes to guitar's colors. Just give me plain old solid something. But I really like the color of yours.
    Very nice looking guitar, hope it play's as good as it looks.:D

SGD74 likes this.
  18. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

That's a really nice looking guitar. I don't think it would look nearly as good with a rosewood or pau ferro. I'm a strong maple neck guy anyhow. Beautiful Strat you have there.

SGD74 likes this.