Fender Stratocaster deluxe bridge ...is the Gotoh 510 a better bridge

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Cellarstrat, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Cellarstrat

Cellarstrat New Member!

Hi,
    About 5 yrs ago i replaced the bridge with a Fender Deluxe tremolo bridge , I think it is used on all USA 2 pivot trem models now. When I look at the Suhr and others they use the Gotoh 510 and T. Anderson uses his own brand ..one main difference is the hole for the trem bar is flush on the Fender bridge and on the Gotoh and others it has a raised collar to give better stability I guess to using the trem bar. Can anyone comment if indeed this raised collar around the arm has a noticable effect (poss with a teflon interior) that would make it a worthy change ?

Cheers
    T.

2. wrvond

wrvond Senior Stratmaster

I've never had a Fender bridge de-stabilize, so I think their claims are pure marketing.

3. Swampash

Swampash Senior Stratmaster

The only difference between the Fender 2-point and Gotoh 510 bridges that means anything to me is the string spacing.

wrvond likes this.
  4. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

Any tremolo arm/bridge with a screw thread is at a disadvantage to a push in, because the hole has to clear the threads, leading to a sloppy feel.

5. Cellarstrat

Cellarstrat New Member!

It is a push in for the Fender deluxe but still wondered if it had less chance of rocking in the hole mounting with the raised collar ...at the time my luthier who is a talented guy for sure , said the Fender was not quite as good a choice as the Gotoh but however ...it was what I bought for him to install so didnt question further.