Finally, after 29 years of playing I got a legit Fender Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by misanthrope222001, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Torvald

Torvald Strat-Talker

Great looking guitar. I love the PF fingerboard! I've got a neck on order from Warmoth with a PF board. I hope it looks as good!

misanthrope222001 likes this.
  2. pjburke1952

pjburke1952 New Member!

Its a beautiful guitar. Congradulations!

3. Esg877

Esg877 Strat-Talk Member

Congrats on taking care of the people around you first, and indulging in your hobby second. That's not a very commmon thing in today's world. You're a stand up guy, and now you have a gorgeous guitar.

I love the grain in that pau ferro, and I only read/heard great things about it. Hope it gives you endless hours of musical pleasure! :thumb:

4. SteveG_in_MD

SteveG_in_MD Strat-Talk Member

The striations in the fretboard look nice and overall it looks really nice. I have a Squier CV60s Strat of similar color, but mine doesn't have the cool grain on the body.

5. crowhaven2000

crowhaven2000 Strat-Talker

I think it's beautiful. Nothing wrong with pau ferro, it makes for a good looking and long lasting neck. I have read nothing but good about teh player series.
    Congratulations! I think it's beautiful. Nothing wrong with pau ferro, it makes for a good looking and long lasting neck. It matches the color of the guitar very nicely.I have read nothing but good about the player series. I remember when I got my first strat, I was happy happy. I have several now, Squiers, Squier Classic Vibes, Vintage modified, MIM, American Standard, USA made Lonestar strat, a Jeff Beck strat, and I have to say I like my play my two MIM strats the most. I like them all and to me, my squiers are genuine strats too. ;o) Nice guitar you have.. Don't know how I replied twice in one post...lol

6. Nick L Plate

Nick L Plate Strat-Talk Member

Since you "know what we're thinking," there's no need for comments. Oh, OK. What I was thinking is that the problem with some Pau Ferro necks is not the wood, but the sometimes very inadequate preparation by Fender on some models where PF is used. I've seen very rough (and I mean very) fretboards, and really, really dry ones. That's not the fault of the material. Yours looks great, and I would expect it to play beautifully. If Fenbder and others would avoid the corner-cutting, then woods like Granadillo and PF wouldn't get criticized. It's not the wood. And congratulations on your Strat.

7. pblanton

pblanton Strat-Talk Member

I love the grain on the fretboard.

8. Spark1965

Spark1965 New Member!

Congrats, thats pretty lady you got there. I had to replace my hardshell case. Got a nice Fender case on reverb.com for $90 used but in excellent condition.

9. HJR-

HJR- New Member!

That’s a beauty! I love the name! Enjoy it in good health. HNGD!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  10. mone

mone Strat-Talk Member

not pathetic, responsibilities. Lot of people don't understand that. sweet guitar, enjoy!

11. franblanc

franblanc New Member!

Well done, we've all ben there. Enjoy your new Fender Stratocaster. A sturdy stand and a hard case will protect it.

12. vintageguitarz

vintageguitarz Strat-Talker

Nothing wrong with a MIM Fender Stratocaster, and while there are some nice Stratocaster "clones" from major companies, there is nothing like a REAL Fender Stratocaster (or the "Better" MIJ Fenders or Squiers - Made in Japan or S Korea -either.)

13. Mike Manhost67

Mike Manhost67 Strat-Talk Member

Cool, pull up a chair, we've been waiting or you :)

14. tellsnow

tellsnow New Member!

Contrats brotha, that's a beauty. I personally love the fingerboard but, at the end of the day, it's about what inspires you to put in the time and enjoy that time.

Also, your long journey sounds far from pathetic. While I don't know your situation, taking care of others is an incredibly admirable thing to do especially when you are putting them "ahead" of yourself. You should be proud and enjoy every minute with that guitar. It'll make the music sound that much sweeter.

Take care.

15. Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer Strat-Talker

You have chosen wisely. Player Strats are every bit as good as American strats. I own both MIAs and two players, and although the specs are different, I view them as equally great instruments. I think Player Strats are hands down the best bang for buck out there, and if I could only have one guitar I’d be very happy with a Player Strat as my one and only.

misanthrope222001 and Axeman826 like this.
  16. Sparkyalan

Sparkyalan New Member!

That’s one purty gittar right there...the neck is a perfect match.
    Congrats and enjoy

17. Axeman826

Axeman826 Strat-Talk Member

Yo, Congrats!!!!.. The closest I've come to a REAL Strat, in my 35+ years of playing is the current MIM strat I have now, because like you, I've always had something else needed to put my money into... For ME, it's more about play-ability than title, and of the 12 guitars I currently own (since the last two years), I mod and customize them to play like their expensive counterparts, but to each their own.... Love the neck and the ax too... IF you love it, and can play it, everyone else can go kick rocks...

18. mazzolar59

mazzolar59 Strat-Talk Member

Thanks for sharing your journey with us, and congratulations on your purchase. It is a great looking guitar, and the MIM strats are professional quality instruments. I love the look of the fret board on this example. The only thing I would recommend is to replace the nut with a bone nut at some point. It's not essential but, I think you'll notice a big difference.

19. seanrosedotcom

seanrosedotcom Strat-Talk Member

Looks great man! I like the fretboard. I think it looks great. I am glad manufacturers are using lots of different types of wood now. More options, variety and tones!

20. misanthrope222001

misanthrope222001 Strat-Talk Member

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope things will start to look up for you in the near future! Best wishes.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    EC Strat likes this.