Finally, after 29 years of playing I got a legit Fender Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by misanthrope222001, Sep 8, 2020.

1. misanthrope222001

misanthrope222001 Strat-Talk Member

Thanks for sharing! Priorities = People before property. It's good to hear that you joined a band again (with a fender no less) and things are looking up! Keep on having a blast playing; cause isn't that joy what it's all about?

2. misanthrope222001

This is what I am going to do. I switched to staggered locking tuners with the G string wound to almost touching the nut on a short post (break angle was almost exactly the same as the b and e on the tree), moved from 9's to 10's, installed a new tusq xl nut. I think the triple tree is my only option that doesn't involve stuffing a big piece of foam between the strings and headstock on my new, expensive (for me), guitar. I definitely don't want to drill for another tree. Thanks for the advice!

3. Vic42670

Vic42670 New Member!

The

I don’t know why these newer player series aren’t more popular .. still the American vs Mexican debate but I loved my original 2012 standard strat much more than my custom deluxe 2014 . I only wished it had the two point trem , and now they do In the player strat . I had to sell most of my gear but in replacing I got a player strat (had to sell it too due to money issues but will def replace it when can) ... when I sold the player at GC the kid said something g like no one likes these players ... I assumed it was a way of justifying the tiny amount offered on a guitar that’s till had plastic wrap on it (pick guard etc) ... but I told him well I do like them and will not buy an American just for the sake of having an America ..... meanwhile two or three other employees came by to say what a great guitar lol ...
    Anyways you got yourself a real gem there , enjoy and congrats at getting an awesome guitar

misanthrope222001 likes this.
  4. misanthrope222001

Yeah, sounds like a sales tactic to me. I think it's a good guitar for the price and I like a few of the changes they made; such as the 2 point trem you mentioned. She plays well, action is pretty low without fret buss or the loss of sustain/tone, and the fretboard feels good. I plan on having a local, well known luthier round off the fret ends since he quoted me a really good price (just have to be without the guitar for a week). I swapped to aged white knobs/pickup covers and she looks pretty good I think. I've never played an American strat but it's definitely on my bucket list.

5. JDug

JDug Strat-Talk Member

Hey, it only took me 39 years last week to finally get a Strat! ( Well , playing on and off for that time)

Congrats, and welcome to Strat Talk! Guitar looks great, its different! Love the pau ferro btw, looks like maple and rosewood had offspring, best of both worlds!