Join Strat-Talk Today

Finally got a footswitch for my H&K TM 36

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Stratoman10, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

When I bought the amp, probably 8-9 months ago they didn't have the switch in the store. The factory one does lots of stuff besides switch channels that I didn't care about plus costs north of 200 bucks I think. Then some people say it only works on the GM series, some say both

At any rate I tried some generic stuff a couple months ago, no good. Yesterday I got a Boss FS 2. It kind of worked, changed between clean and OD, but no crunch, and then only if I held the pedal down

Took a closer look, a little slide button on the side says momentary and latch . Put it to latch and it stays. But still no crunch channel

Mentioned it on a HK Facebook page and found out I needed a TSR cord, not a regular one. I didn't even know that animal existed So I went to GC this morning and found one. Success !!! It would have been nice if my regular store would have told me that. Oh, needed a power supply too .

But at any rate it all works now

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Robins, circles and 3bolt79 like this.
  2. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

@Stratoman10
    Wish I’d known you need that bit of you information. I’ve been using that Boss switch for years. I could have told you a long time ago. The H&K switch is too expensive and I already had the FS-2 to use with my TTE...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Stratoman10 likes this.
  3. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Appreciate it but I hadn't been really pushing it too much. I was just out and about the other day and popped in the store. They suggested this pedal. It just took a little trial and error to get it right

Electgumbo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.