Fixer Upper

Lost Sailor

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 20, 2012
Wolf 359
I just won this ebay special -- It needs lots of work but it looks like it is
worth it, to me anyway -- needs a bridge saddle some knobs and some
nuts for the vol and bridge tone (or a complete replacement of all). I have 4 Fenders and this is the first Squier....not sure what to expect though I have seen some nice ones. I'm a lefty and will be playing this one upside down.

Attachments

• 281175945970_1.jpg
    281175945970_1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 304

Lost Sailor

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 20, 2012
Wolf 359
I was also wondering, I replaced the trem block on an MIM with a large one, complete trem kit leaving me with a spare thin block, bridge, springs and claw,
screws and all....any chance it will fit in case the one on it is trashed (this is a standard strat)??? I won't get it until next week or so and can't check for myself.

Dont_Fret_None

Strange Stringer
Jul 22, 2013
Up Yonder Way
+1 on Bug10's conclusion.

Congrats on the acquisition. I love to find them beat-up, and then speak life back to them--lots of fulfillment in that for me.

Lost Sailor

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 20, 2012
Wolf 359
OK, I got it today and first thing I saw was how badly the neck was warped.....got a new one about an hour ago on ebay.....before shots here

I have been working on the body - new pickguard, new pots, knobs and jack and jackplate I used the new MIM saddles,(for now), and a new trem arm -- all soldered and tested

Lost Sailor

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 20, 2012
Wolf 359
OK, I cleaned up the neck, flipped the nut until the brass one comes, did my setup and plugged it in. I played it all afternoon and really enjoyed it. This Squier plays at least as good as any Fender "version" Stratocaster and sounds fantastic....I will be happy to play it in a jam or paying gig -- a new member of my Strat family.

axlstrat

Strat-Talk Member
May 9, 2010
sharon pa 16146
I bought my son the same axe from Sam Ash a few years ago the neck was bad. we returned it they sent a new one. the stock pups were alnico.I got him some Wilde Keystones the guitar sounds very nice.the Keystones are great but the stock pickups were not bad.

hippy113

Strat-Talker
Jul 29, 2013
That is the best part,puttin it all together for the 1st time and realizing that it really is special. Then you tweak and adjust and replace parts until its perfect. That is where I put it in a closet and start hitin the pawn shops lookin for my next project. Oh I still play all my guitars when I can but I've always got a project guitar that gets the most attention. Sorry, I started rambling.....