Flat poles pickup

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Blaoskaak, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:23 AM.

1. Blaoskaak

Blaoskaak Strat-Talk Member

Hi,

I want to replace my pickups in nu strat.
    I am looking for flat poles pickups with a vintage sound. So close as possible to blackmore.

My eyes are now focused on the ssl4, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

2. fenderkev

fenderkev Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

3. Blaoskaak

4. uncle daddy

uncle daddy Strat-Talker

Tonerider pickups have a limited stagger, not flat and not a full stagger either.

5. Belltonenblues84

Belltonenblues84 Strat-Talker

Ritchie blackmore never used a flat pole piece pickup because they didn't exist in 1970. Flat pole piece didn't come about until like 74 or 75. From my understanding he used a big head stock strat so if anything it'll be a grey bottom post cbs pickup but staggered pole pieces. If you're trying to emulate blackmore than flat pole pieces will give you a different tone that isn't like blackmore

Blaoskaak likes this.
  6. Blaoskaak

Yeah i know he didn't use them. But i don't have many options because i play left handed guitar, so of i buy staggered pickups i have to turn them the other way around

7. Dimarzio54

Dimarzio54 Strat-Talk Member

I have a set of the Bootstrap vintage 54 flat pole. Highly recommended if your looking for low output vintage set.
    He has various winds depending on your style.

8. Belltonenblues84

Belltonenblues84 Strat-Talker

Not necessarily there's plenty of companies that do reverse pickups. Check out rumplestiltskin pickups they're VERY GOOD n not expensive at all. You can configure it however you want flat or staggered and jimi Hendrix reverse as well all on one set. Give rumplestiltskin a shot i have a set of their broadcaster pickups called the black knights.... incredible

9. Blaoskaak

Ok thanks alot!This looks promising. I've sent them a message and now wait for response.

10. Blaoskaak

i had contact with Aaron. I'm gonna buy the gypsy gray Pick ups, but i don't know if i should but it with flat poles or staggered. Maybe modern staggered. Then the g is lower then the d right?

And i play with ernie ball regular or picato blackmore strings. The a e d strings are wound. The other strings not. Is that good with staggered pickups?