Foto Flame Strat Owner's Club

New Member!
Oct 25, 2016
Kansas
ah, same model as mine, except the 2 SC and dials are white on mine...

I think the guy i bought it from replaced the knobs. And the sc cover plates. I love this guitar. But has shown cracking more and more. Also I can't get the floyd to stick. Either needs correct setup, posts reset, or knife edge on floyd sharpened. Probably all of those things. Lol.

IdontknowRR

Strat-Talk Member
Jan 14, 2021
St. John's Nfld Canada
Floyds are a bit painful to get set up. This is normal I have had my first one since 88 and have at least five others they take time . The intonation is a pain as well the string has to be loose to move the saddles and the bridge can get back off level again . It is just time consuming . The strings streach this is why the cover is often missing of the back same a any bridge that is set up to float.

Kingdiamond

New Member!
May 5, 2021
usa
IMG_1558.JPG I never knew this guitar be be anything that had it's own club dedicated to it, the early years i had it i thought it was nothing special and wished i had a guitar with a humbucker, it sat many years ina closet witht the neck taken off and fitted to a custom tele body, then many years later I had the neck refretted and fitted to the original body and replaced the old sc pickguard with a new black guard with duncan hotrails. The guitar was orignally my first guitar in 1994 upon grad high school. at this point the guitar has huge sentimental value and is a comfort level guitar that I will often grab as it has a great feel to it. I would not sell this one but it is good to see it holds value to this day. Interesting to see others discuss it, and yes the finish does crack as is the case with mine, the finish used to be a much lighter blue as well it has faded with time, i think it is a 1993? serial N000019 made in japan View attachment 476988

Last edited:

JGKing

New Member!
Jan 13, 2022
Finland
New to the forum, but a proud fotoflame owner from 1998. I bought mine second hand when I was starting to play guitar. Plan was to buy a Squier starter set with a small Fender 15G solid state amp, but when I saw the used fotoflame in the store I had to buy it with the amp. The amp was rubbish except some pretty great but unusable fuzz tones, but the guitar was something special. Hands down the best feeling guitar that I have ever played. The neck pickup is a bit dark to my taste and at times I've thought of replacing the pickups, but have been too scared that somehow the guitar would lose some of it's magic :D I'm so used to the neck that although I've tried many high end Fenders, none of them have felt quite right. I'm pretty sure the neck has a 7,25 inch radius and that might be the reason why most modern Fenders don't feel "right" in my hands.

Attachments

• DSC_0462.JPG
    DSC_0462.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0463 (1).JPG
    DSC_0463 (1).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 6

Claus_F

New Member!
Jan 16, 2022
NWF
New to Strat-talk but have had a fotoflame for many years now. No idea exactly what it is because it came (pre-owned) with a Mighty Mite neck but considering which trem bar fits, it is a Squier. It’s also only flamed on the front, black back. I changed out the white p/g and single coils for a loaded black guard with rail humbuckers. At the time I was more of a rocker and wanted that sound. Still a little bit of quack but not as much as I’d like these days so a future change back to singles is likely. With the rails, it sounds more like a Les Paul than a Strat and my only complaint would be that it’s also Les Paul heavy. I’ve had none of the finish problems that I’ve seen others have. It’s a beautiful guitar. I did add Fender water slide decal to the blank neck just to complete the look but I won’t ever be selling it. I can’t figure out how to attach the photo but it’s the standard sunburst. There are many but I love mine.

Claus_F

New Member!
Jan 16, 2022
NWF
3DC58700-FC62-44A0-B146-9CFFAE0938CC.jpeg
New to Strat-talk but have had a fotoflame for many years now. No idea exactly what it is because it came (pre-owned) with a Mighty Mite neck but considering which trem bar fits, it is a Squier. It’s also only flamed on the front, black back. I changed out the white p/g and single coils for a loaded black guard with rail humbuckers. At the time I was more of a rocker and wanted that sound. Still a little bit of quack but not as much as I’d like these days so a future change back to singles is likely. With the rails, it sounds more like a Les Paul than a Strat and my only complaint would be that it’s also Les Paul heavy. I’ve had none of the finish problems that I’ve seen others have. It’s a beautiful guitar. I did add Fender water slide decal to the blank neck just to complete the look but I won’t ever be selling it. I can’t figure out how to attach the photo but it’s the standard sunburst. There are many but I love mine.
Ah ha, now I see the upload file button...