Found after 55 yrs

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by Brimuze, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

not sure if this got mentioned, but did anyone else catch the parallel between Tony/Brimuze's Fiesta Red and the original one of Hank Marvin's?

Both started out FR, got painted white, and then restored to FR.... eerie.

madhermit, AGK13, JJ119 and 2 others like this.
  2. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

This video of a Mr. Ross recalling the local music scene, which has a mention of TJ&TM is pretty interesting. A lot of real name acts passed through Morecambe. There's great photos over the video of The Who, [email protected] Keith Moon looks young!, the Hollies and others....

3. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

A Dave Gange has a few songs by the band posted on YT.....mostly with stills.....

4. Roca81

Roca81 Strat-Talker

This thread just keeps getting better.

5. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Stay tuned. More to come has been promised.

6. Tdurden032

Tdurden032 Strat-O-Master

What a cool thread - it put a smile on my face in a time where everything you read or hear tend to be on the negative side of things...

s5tuart and Baelzebub like this.
  7. Tony One

Tony One Strat-Talk Member

Yep! That's me on the left about 5.50 mins into the video with Tommy J and the Midnights. I am playing my 57 R/I
    Stratocaster bought at Promenade Music in 1991. We are playing at The Platform in Morecambe which used to be,
    Promenade Railway Station where as a young boy I used to go with my friends train spotting, that would be in the late 50s. Peter Ross in the video used to come and watch us at the Globe hotel and still comes to see us to this day. He is a great friend. I met my wife there in 1964 when I asked her out and I didn't know she fancied the drummer and she saw that he was with his girlfriend, she saw me, and thought he looks alright. (Second choice) I have some photos of TJM playing at the Globe in the 60s with My long lost Stratocaster . I'll dig them out and post them for you.

I have lots more stories to tell you, I hope they cheer you up. Tony

8. EC Strat

EC Strat Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

Need some pics of the fiesta red Strat !!

9. Brimuze

Brimuze Strat-Talk Member

Hi Phill l have done some photos for all you out there. Dont know they will come out but here they are. I have quite a long and varied story about this instrument

All you purists out there will notice this instrument has gone through changes In its life just like me.I make no apologies for this because we have all at sometime in our life done things that wish we hadn't .I will be keeping in contact with Tony and we will be meeting after the pandemic dies down
    Thanks again to Phill for making this story happen. Brimuze.
    Ò 20210307_154012.jpg 20210308_124914.jpg 20210307_154012.jpg 20210308_124302.jpg 20210308_124914.jpg 20210308_124914.jpg

Attached Files:

Mac62, Robins, bluejazzoid and 18 others like this.
  10. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Nice Brimuze. Thanks for the photos. The natives, as you can see, were getting restless. Don't worry about the purists. We have just as many modders as purists here. Besides, my understanding is that this was a working instrument. Those almost never stay pristine, and aren't meant to. Even Hank Marvin's Fiesta Red went to white and then back to red. So some might say it's actually closer to the real thing for the changes.

Post as you can and let us know the stories. 50+ years playing that guitar you must have some tell.

Tony is digging through his photos to find ones from long ago.. It would be great if you could meet up at a gig once the lockdown is over. Keep us all posted.

AGK13 and JJ119 like this.
  11. Brimuze

Brimuze Strat-Talk Member

Lastime I used the guitar in anger. Cant member the year at the moment but will do some digging. I always was a poser the band was called Shaboogie. Guess who the real band was?

20210307_143844.jpg

bluejazzoid, Miotch, Cerb and 4 others like this.
  12. 66musicmaster

66musicmaster Senior Stratmaster

That the guitar is not original is of no consequence to me. How cool to see and hear the history of this guitar from two guys who have owned it since new and used it along the way instead of it being sotre ina case in a closet. How may old strats do we have this kind of history on? We don;t know the history of some of the greatest guitars in history before they went to the owner's hands that made them famous. We have no idea where SRV's Lenny or #1 came from before SRV got them. And everything for sale on internet now seems to lose it's actual history.

Cool story happening here.

Gemini 51, AGK13, CB91710 and 3 others like this.
  13. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Perfectly stated. :thumb:

JJ119 likes this.
  14. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

The real band? I'm stumped....

15. MugHimself

MugHimself Strat-Talker

This seems like the kind of story fender would want to document for promotional reasons.

aepoc, Miotch, ~NT~ and 3 others like this.
  16. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Or any number of other outlets. It's a great human interest story. But that'd be up to the principals. I'd be happy to assist in any way I could. As so many have pointed out, it's a welcome relief from the steady diet of doom, gloom and drudgery. Reminds us, (most of us), of our humanity.

aepoc, Caddy and JJ119 like this.
  17. EyeLikeTortoise

EyeLikeTortoise Strat-Talker

It almost looks like it has a slab board. Also it has the 61 patent numbers. Can you show a picture of the heel of the neck where it meets the body? Is there a date on the neck heel?

Fender753 likes this.
  18. stratocarlster

stratocarlster Most Honored Senior Member

Showaddywaddy

s5tuart likes this.
  19. StratAlchemist

StratAlchemist Strat-O-Master

Not to derail the thread, but Stevie’s #1 that he purchased in 1974 from Ray Henning music was originally owned by Christopher Cross famous for the song “sailing”. Now back to the story at hand.

20. Bazz Jass

Bazz Jass Chairman of the Fingerboard Silver Member

Man... than strat didn't know it was alive huh? :whistling:

CB91710 and JJ119 like this.