Free Plug In today on Waves - Lil Tube

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
On Black Fridays, WAVES typically gives a way a new plugin. Today is Lil Tube. Haven't tried it, but you can't beat free.

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
I bought Horizon a few years ago for $275. Has lots of really nice plugins in it - really all I need. Of course I have gone on to purchase more since then and gotten a few free ones along the way.

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
Have spent a lot of my evening mixing. I don't think I like it.
I love to mix - send me some files - I will put the "Lil Tube" free plugin on some tracks...................I started my studio disassembly and reassembly last night - down a mixer and two 3/4 stacks........don't play live anymore so don't need my backup rigs.

20221126_100322.jpg

simoncroft

Still playing. Still learning!
Silver Member
May 30, 2013
SE England
Well, this is a little disappointing. I got my code to register the new plug-in... but I never can. That's because it's a Version 14 plug-in, meaning it won't install on my older Mac OS.

Waves constantly plays this game: because you've upgraded your system, you'll need to buy our software upgrades to make all your plug-ins work.

I'll upgrade my 12-year-old Mac Pro when I want to,. Until then, Waves clearly doesn't want any business from me.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
Well, this is a little disappointing. I got my code to register the new plug-in... but I never can. That's because it's a Version 14 plug-in, meaning it won't install on my older Mac OS.

Waves constantly plays this game: because you've upgraded your system, you'll need to buy our software upgrades to make all your plug-ins work.

I'll upgrade my 12-year-old Mac Pro when I want to,. Until then, Waves clearly doesn't want any business from me.
I was going to get it but can't remember my account info and did not feel like messing with it. I just want someone to come here while I am sleeping and put vocal rider on my comp. Is that asking too much??

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
I was going to install "Lil Tube" this afternoon and use it on a mix. I couldn't get the "activate and install" to go past 20% - same for a few updates. I guess they had a bunch of people buy plugins for black friday and their servers are overloaded. I will try again another day.

CigBurn

Total Hack
Jun 22, 2014
Same Shed Different Day
I was going to install "Lil Tube" this afternoon and use it on a mix. I couldn't get the "activate and install" to go past 20% - same for a few updates. I guess they had a bunch of people buy plugins for black friday and their servers are overloaded. I will try again another day.
Bit slow.. but made it to 50.1%

I'll just let it do its thing and see. ok Jumped back over and it lept to over 80%

Well.. its installed and activated.. so cool, thanks for the link!

Liltube.jpg

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
As usual, "Lil Tube" is part of a "nicer" tube emulator called BB Tubes. They did the same thing a year or two ago with giving away CLA Echosphere and then releasing CLA Epic which included Echosphere.

1669653687229.png

I left my install last night for over an hour and it was still on 48% - try again later this week.

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
I do like their "Vocal Rider", I may be grabbing that later today.

And they say it's basically idiot proof, which I think fits right in with my skill set. :)
I forgot about that one - I was working on the vocals last night for a collaboration I am doing with Mouse and Sam_in_Cali and I found the vocals to be a bit uneven in certain places - I may try Vocal Rider and see if it helps it out a bit.

CigBurn

Total Hack
Jun 22, 2014
Same Shed Different Day
Dang you all!!! Trying not to buy Vocal Rider!!!

I did.. and they send a discount code thing for sharing to spread the joy.. Not sure if it applies to specials but hey ya never know. Better act fast though, the sale is ending in like 10 minutes.

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
After about 6 tries I finally got Lil Tube to install and a few other plugins to update. I figured I would give it a spin. I stuck it on Sam_in_Cali's solo from our collaboration we did a week ago. The solo seemed much louder and fuller, but it peaked at -13.8dB with Lil Tube and -11.0dB before. Still trying to figure out what the heck is going on - totally opposite of what I thought would happen.