GAS cured? Not anymore!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Wound_Up, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

So I thought I had cured my guitar GAS when I got my Indio 66 DLX Plus Goldtop for Christmas last year. Since then, I completely stopped looking at guitars to buy. Up until yesterday my GAS was effectively cured. I had been considering their Boardwalk, a 335 clone but wasn't sure I even really wanted one. It's been months and I'm still not even sure I want one or I'd have bought it by now.

My Goldtop:

20210405_102323_resize_70.jpg fb1af4b6-fc9d-4e33-8693-d471adc35196.jpg

Then I made the mistake of going to Monoprice's website to look around again. It seems they've added a new color to their 66 DLX Plus line and it looks fantastic! Same guitar I have, just in a different finish. Until now they only offered gold and black. Right when I started learning to play in Jan 2020, they were offering a flamed black burst and a quilted maple top with black burst, as well as a cherry burst that were all discontinued right about that time. The quilted top was damn nice.

Now they have a flamed(tobacco? Sweet tea?) sunburst finish. Same price as the other two, obviously. So it looks like I'll be getting a new guitar soon. I fully expect it to be just as phenomenal as my gold top is. And setup perfect when I get it, just like last time, as well.

Damn them. :D

I guess that answers the question I've been considering... Whether I want their 335-style guitar(the Boardwalk) in classic red or with the black burst over a flame maple top. I don't want either one lol. I want the 66 DLX Plus in the pics below.

I also found out that these guitars are built by World Sound Music and Yeou Chern Enterprises. I think they may even be part of the same company. That's the feeling I got from the reply I received from Danny at World Sound Music when I asked about it.

They build guitars for Harley Benton, Dean, J&D Guitars(The Music Store's in-house brand), Monoprice/Indio, and many others

Screenshot_20211013-054420_Chrome.jpg
    6100152.jpg 6100153.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    stormsedge and 3bolt79 like this.
  2. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

You should read the thread I just posted. I’ve hit the wall as far as guitar buying for awhile. GAS sucks! But I sure love the guitars and gear.

I feel for you my friend. Just when you think that the GAS is cured, it flares up again.

There are only two more guitars that I want, and I’ve got way more than I need.

Wound_Up likes this.
  3. stormsedge

stormsedge Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

N+1

Wound_Up likes this.
  4. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein Silver Member

The last bit of GAS I had was in June when I acquired my EVH Wolfgang Standard. I wasn't even looking to get that particular guitar. The GAS started when I saw the QMT trans green finish on the same guitar and I couldn't stop thinking about that one. I told myself that if I could get it for a set amount with a trade-in then I would get it. I couldn't get it for the price that I wanted wo I "settled" for the matte black finish. I put settled in parenthesis because it actually turned out to be a better guitar for me. The neck was better and it's actually more of a workhorse than a beauty queen which is really what I was, and still am, needing. I already have enough of both and have also sold a few this year too. Now I am more worried about using what I have to the fullest of my potential and raising that bar with this gear than I am about acquiring more.

5. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

I currently have only 3 guitars and only just started this adventure in Dec 2019, so I think 1 more will be perfect. :D I'm pretty certain I'll be done buying guitars for a while once I pick this one up. I thought I wanted a white one so I could make a Buckethead tribute but it's not something I have to have...versus this new guitar I just posted lol. I want that one. There's no question.

Unless I can find a nice Epiphone like it that fits my price range. Ive seen a few Plus Top Pros in the last few months that were selling for not much more than that guitar. Maybe another $100? I'd gladly take one of those as long as I was reasonably certain there were no issues hiding anywhere. That's my biggest hang up with buying used online and why I'll probably end up with the Indio. It's almost guaranteed to be an awesome guitar and comes with a warranty.

Like I was saying, though. I'm almost certain I'll be done for a while after this one. Going to keep my eyes open for something similar from Epiphone and if I can't find anything, it'll be this one for sure.

6. Stonetone

Stonetone Most Honored Senior Member

Coming this week Friday or Saturday ....GAS, after that one while be at least a year or more till i get my 5th one, the final missing piece of the puzzle, a Telecaster

[​IMG]

Wound_Up likes this.