Genuine Custom Shop tele?

FrieAsABird

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 18, 2020
Germany
The serial number would be the least of my concern, those neck plates can be bought online; the stamps on the neck would be interesting to see :)

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
And so I did.. Someone send me candy :D

Btw. That's some huuuge neck

You did prove us wrong but you took a gamble and it worked out. That’s not always the case with all those red flags. The neck was the only thing going for. The rest could have been anyones guess. I’m sure you got it for a great price with the “mods”. Love the colour and a fat neck is what all 50’s looking teles should have!

somebodyelseuk

Strat-O-Master
Jan 29, 2022
Birmingham UK

gotzz

Strat-Talker
Aug 28, 2010
Croatia
Pull the scratchguard... the word "Relic" should be stamped (indented) into the body... But that burst screams Squire.

Nope, there's no Relic stamp but not all custom shops were relic and I don't know if the older ones had that stamp?!
anyways, I think this one wasn't relic but it was natural relic.
When I look at the craftmanship and that beautiful finish, I wouldn't say it's squier. The neck fits like a glove to this body too.
Check the pics above... J. Madore and H. Gastelum were famous Fender employees.

teleamp

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
May 21, 2009
Prairie Hill, TX
Nope, there's no Relic stamp but not all custom shops were relic and I don't know if the older ones had that stamp?!
anyways, I think this one wasn't relic but it was natural relic.
When I look at the craftmanship and that beautiful finish, I wouldn't say it's squier. The neck fits like a glove to this body too.
Check the pics above... J. Madore and H. Gastelum were famous Fender employees.
I had not seen those pics when I posted. That CS logo is legit... Congrats on your tele...