Genuine fender or genuine fender partscasters

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Intune, Oct 12, 2021.

Factory fender or genuine fender partscasters

1. Factory fender

76 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. Genuine factory parts into a hybrid

16 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

I do like the idea of cramming them on a rocket...
    [​IMG]

Thrup'ny Bit, archetype and Intune like this.
  2. Intune

Intune Senior Stratmaster

I am sorry though guys for this thread. I should have never posted it, so I apologize for that. If I’m in space or a cornfield that’s ok.

I’ll just stay replying to threads about colour choices or shimming a neck, no more horrible question(s). :D

dscottyg likes this.
  3. dscottyg

dscottyg Strat-O-Master

Awe man, I hope that’s friendly ribbing. I thought I was helping. I’m being serious.

That does suck about the G string. Truth is, a neck swap probably would’ve solved it, but I’m so particular that I wouldn’t be able to do it, knowing that they weren’t “right.” I hope I get it fixed eventually. My bad karma is that I couldn’t just be content with the 1st one.
    I actually knew about the ringing G even while had all three and still picked it for a few different reasons.

Intune likes this.
  4. Colnago1

Colnago1 Senior Stratmaster

The way it is.
    If you buy a guitar that is assembled by Fender in their factory, that is a legit Fender model.
    If you buy a guitar made of Fender parts not assembled in their factory, you’re buying a partscaster.
    It doesn’t matter that they are all Fender parts or not.
    Simple and easy to understand.
    If you have a difficult time understanding this send an email to Fender and ask them why they think.

Intune likes this.
  5. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

No worries, bud, but it's a guaranteed crudfestival of opinions about facts and people making their do-or-die stand on the hill of semantics.

Same thing with threads about shimming shimmable, shimworthy necks.

revtime and Intune like this.
  6. espyhop

espyhop Strat-Talker

It’s really two different debates.

The first is factory stock vs. non-factory/modified. That’s black and white. It either is or is not, and I don’t think anyone is arguing otherwise.

The next is the question is it really a Fender vs. not really a Fender, which has a lot of gray area. Is a Fender assembled by Fender or a worker contracted by Fender (i.e. the Asian workers who make Squiers) still a “real” Fender if someone swaps out the pickups for Duncans, replaces the saddles, or replaces the jack cup with an Electrosocket?

As for what Fender thinks, so long as they got paid, I doubt they have a problem.

7. Scott Baxendale

Scott Baxendale Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

It is not ok to assemble a guitar out of parts and resell it as a factory original.

It doesn’t matter where the parts originated. That said, a guitar assembled from original fender parts should be a little more valuable than one with generic aftermarket replacement parts but not as valuable, necessarily, as factory original.

Intune likes this.
  8. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

I spat tea, thanks mate...

archetype and fezz parka like this.
  9. Caffiend

Caffiend Strat-Talk Member

Huh?

OK. I have a Tele partscaster with a genuine Fender (mim) neck. It also has a ‘corona’ neck plate because we all needed a bit of humour last year. Obviously the mix of ‘corona’ neckplate and Mex serial isn’t gonna fool anyone. It’s a fantastic guitar. I wouldn’t sell it as a Fender. I probably wouldn’t sell it at all truth be known as it’s so good. But, being as Fender put serials on factory necks and you gotta build with correct sizes or nothing fits I can easily see how if I sold it honestly someone else might try to sell it as a ‘Fender’.

I’m not sure what the OP is on about tbph. Using factory necks is not even on the same planet as cutting a paddle the right shape and getting busy with the decals.

10. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

11. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Blooze daddy Silver Member

yea, but,, if there is an explosion there will be JW parts everywhere......

fezz parka likes this.
  12. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

Well, it's not like they're the Iron Giant. They can't re-assemble.

Stormy Monday likes this.
  13. Stormy Monday

Maybe scatter JW seedlings everywhere. You'd have to watch where you step

14. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

There's a biodegradable spray for that. LoL

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  15. Stormy Monday

Lol

fezz parka likes this.
  16. Doc538

Doc538 Strat-Talker Silver Member

The OP asked if it were sold as Genuine Fender, Not Original Fender. That makes a big difference for if the partscaster is all Fender then it is indeed a Genuine Fender guitar, but not original. :eek: That would be alright with me but I would want a list /receipts of the parts in it.

17. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster

Nope, not okay, ever. It's a parts guitar if it's not a Fender factory mated body and neck. END of story. Always, no room for interpretation, no room for discussion. I didn't even read the other replies. This is my 2 cents.

I think if someone thinks it's okay, they are unscrupulous

Intune likes this.
  18. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Silver Member

Okay, just for fun: :D

What if it wasn't some random dude, but instead somebody like Ron Thorn. And even better, imagine you and Ron are neighbors, and one day while grilling burgers in the backyard, you and Ron are discussing the CS Strat that he recently built for you. You ask about trying a maple neck on it, and he offers to swap a CS maple neck he's got laying around in his garage for the RW neck currently on your CS Strat, and 10 minutes later *BOOM* Ron hands you your CS Strat with a maple neck.

So... NOW... is your CS Strat ---a Strat made by Ron Thorn at the Fender CS, and now with a with another CS neck, also made at the Fender CS by Ron, but swapped by Ron in his garage--- original, genuine, real, fake, or what?

o_O:cool:

Intune likes this.
  19. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

It's a partscaster because the necks been swapped .

Intune and bluejazzoid like this.
  20. Intune

Intune Senior Stratmaster

If there’s no record of it in a fender database here in the real world of 2021 it’s fake. It would be a really cool guitar but consider fake or custom.

Funny though because I have a telecaster made by custom shops Chris Fleming for himself as a prototype.

Nothing in fenders database at all. Hands down the best tele I’ve ever owned, not even exaggerating. No serial numbers, no COA, nothing. Just his signature at the neck heel.

However if I EVER sold it and since it’s a one off type deal I’ll have all kinds of questions to answer. Is it a real fender? I can say it’s a real custom guitar made by Chris Fleming. It was never meant to be sold as Chris said, hence the no serial but if never meant to be sold how do I have it :p

bluejazzoid likes this.