Genuine fender or genuine fender partscasters

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Intune, Oct 12, 2021.

Factory fender or genuine fender partscasters

1. Factory fender

76 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. Genuine factory parts into a hybrid

16 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. stratelespaul

stratelespaul Strat-O-Master

So true, but, it shows even Fender makes a partscaster.

Intune likes this.
  2. Intune

Intune Senior Stratmaster

Yes they do. They are all partscasters the only difference now is that they are documented to a certain degree. Why? Probably because they realized that people were swapping parts and fooling people.

3. axejock

axejock Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

Darn! Lots of folks call me a dickhead....I was just hoping that I had been "moved up the ladder" to a really cool and crafty title. Maybe if I sell one of my partscasters as a relic Les Paul", I can earn the title? By the way, with that title I'd have to be called "DDJC Axejock".
    But, back to reality, every guitar I build or modify has a list of what parts were put in it and that list is given to anyone who would express interest in buying it. I am actually quite surprised at how many folks actually don't get worked up by non-original/modified guitars as long as the thing looks, feels, sounds, and plays as good or better than an original.

Intune, Antstrat and Chipss36 like this.
  4. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

Here’s what I don’t understand, and some of this comes from the other thread.

Someone goes into an authorized retailer and says hey, I really like that American professional up there but I wish it came with a maple neck. Employee says hold on, be right back. Goes into the back, does a switcheroo, sells you the guitar you want, but now he’s got a body-neck color combo that fender didn’t make that year. Someone else comes in and says hey, what’s with that strat, and the guy says oh, it’s an American pro. Customer says fender didn’t make that color combo this year, employee says sure they did. Customer says no, I’m on the fender website on my phone right here, they don’t sell that, what are you guys doing, selling weird knockoffs?

Intune likes this.
  5. Chipss36

Chipss36 Strat-O-Master

Srv#1…
    The pickups, the neck, the body, all different years.

so a parts-caster?

I bet srv really felt ripped off with that lessor guitar! So much so he traded a 64 strat for it….

Just think how much better his tone would have been if it was all stock fender, poor dudes amps were not stock either…..

sarcasm…..

guitar players care about tone.
    Guitar flippers/collectors care about how stock they are.

just my opinion.

6. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

People exchanging money for goods care about honesty.

TN703800 and Ebidis like this.
  7. Clickitysplit

Clickitysplit Strat-Talker

Fender-made guitars purchased by me so far have been new and US made. Not tryna be a corksniffer - it’s just worked out this way.

I’d buy a Partscaster if I understand what’s in it and it sounds right for the money.

Partscasters I assemble have at least one Fender made part.

8. revtime

revtime Strat-Talker

You liked this post but the dude just said it was a partscaster. Now Fender goes and makes a copy of a partscaster and it is genuine Fender cuz it was put together in the factory??? You see how crazy that is right? No I guess not. You come in here spouting CS this or that.
    What we were discussing was the same guitar (not CS or sig guitarz) one with maple one with rosewood. The color I want is maple board but I want the rosewood one.
    Swapping them is no big deal.
    You are adding stupid things trying to make your point. Stick to the main discussion.
    We were NOT talking custom shop pieces.

9. Intune

What are you talking about? I started this thread and it’s basically anything fender put together using genuine fender parts.

I’m not taking a partscaster with Allparts neck stuff. Actual fender parts put together by a salesperson or a random dude being sold off as genuine. This could be even squier right up to custom shop level.

10. Intune

This is what I’m talking about when referring to a partscaster or fender hybrid. How many people would be ok with this? I don’t think many.

11. GeetarPwayer

GeetarPwayer Strat-Talk Member

Its not ok.! Factory and Partscasters are two different animals. Buy a factory if possible first. The originality of a Partscaster is very cool as long as you built it or know who built it. Too many questionable fake parts and weekend "builder" warriors out there.

12. Intune

I was actually going to post in your guitar thread say who cares if it’s a partscaster, it’s all in how it plays.

That’s all BS when someone is trying to sell you that fake partscasters as the real deal for the price of the actual real deal right?

13. revtime

revtime Strat-Talker

This post is all about the other one.
    I have fun debating. But now you seem to be grasping at straws.
    I will be off work soon. Then I will lay it out for everyone.

Intune likes this.
  14. GeetarPwayer

GeetarPwayer Strat-Talk Member

Yes it's not right. I'm not a guitar snob and I don't care what it says on the headstock...if I like it then I like it..Now of course I do have preference such as Fender, but I don't want to overpay for something because someone lied about it. Sell it for what it is and if it's a true Partscaster then great and if it's not just be honest. If it's cool I'll take it one way or the other.

Intune likes this.
  15. Intune

Ok good, can’t wait for you to lay out your opinion as facts. Grasping at straws, you’re getting silly.

Just add I really don’t think everyone, well except 1 person wants to hear your opinion.

revtime likes this.
  16. Ongo Gablogian

Ongo Gablogian Strat-Talker

The only thing I care about is how the guitar feels. "Partscaster" or not I couldn't care less. I think a lot of this concern comes from people who think their modern fender is going to someday appreciate in value like a current vintage strat. I doubt very strongly that will ever be true.

Intune likes this.
  17. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 DEEPLY SHY.

Hi , @Intune -Buddy

I am doing a parts project S style but I did save for an MIM Player Strat first so had 1 working /whole model of Strat .

Intune likes this.
  18. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

If they play well and sound good, that's all that matters. Parts is parts.

nutball73, revtime and Intune like this.
  19. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

To answer the original question. A guitar made up from parts by someone other than fender`s factory should not be sold as a genuine fender model.

Its a partscasters PERIOD.

TN703800, Intune and fezz parka like this.
  20. Intune

Nice, I’m all for the partscaster build. I have a few.

I agree with you. I don’t think anything production these days will be worth what the golden era stuff is worth.

I just have a hard time thinking that you or anyone else will buy a USA Strat for USA prices and be ok with it being pieced together. This is what I’m talking about. Not a sweet USA partscasters for $400. I’m talking full retail from a salesperson that made one up for you.