Genuine fender or genuine fender partscasters

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Intune, Oct 12, 2021.

Factory fender or genuine fender partscasters

1. Factory fender

76 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. Genuine factory parts into a hybrid

16 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. revtime

revtime Strat-Talker

Wow some of you are drunk on the kool aid.
    Its a guitar made to come apart and make it your own. The Leo story is relevant and you know in your heart its true.
    This dbag would work the system to get what I paid for. Let me reiterate that...got what I wanted with my money. You wallflowers can take it all you want. The only thing being hurt here is your twisted sense of loyalty to Fender.
    I didnt steal anything and nothing is being misrepresented.
    I once had a car dealer swap the wheels from another car onto the one I was buying. It happens all the time. Did I commit fraud?
    Hell no.
    I feel sorry for how twisted up about a guitar some of you are. Its sad.
    Now go ahead and pile on me if it helps get your mind right. Ima tough old bastard.

nutball73 likes this.
  2. Intune

Intune Senior Stratmaster

You and I think one other persons logic is exactly why I started this thread. I think the other 3 people that voted think their voting for partscaster vs original. Not taking a original, swapping major comments like a neck or body and telling the next guys it’s a mint fender Stratocaster.

Anyway man you can think whatever you want. In the other thread you basically said it was stupid for me to think of the fender factory as the holy ground. Meaning it doesn’t matter if it’s made at the factory, made by you or your boys at GC. It’s all the same in the end.

If that’s the way you and that one other person thinks that’s awesome. I’m sure there’s way more people out there that think the same. That’s why we see daily “Is this legit fender” threads. We have guys with your logic selling guitars.

SonOfLerome likes this.
  3. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

Why do you call names?

4. revtime

revtime Strat-Talker

I called my self a dbag and a bastard.
    Much worse than a wallflower. You will be ok.
    And I am sure many feel the way I do. But in the parlance of our times are afraid of being canceled. I dont care.
    If I get banned for defending my opinion so be it.

5. Intune

I really don’t take any offence to what you think of me or call me. You think differently than me on this topic. Great.

You are right though about other people seeing it the way you do. All the fake guitars all over CL, reverb, eBay, Facebook market place are out there because of guys like you. The logic of it’s all parts anyway.

You thinks it’s my opinion on the matter, fine. It’s a form of fraud to sell or advertise it as something it’s not. If this wasn’t a issue then WTF are there so many people in the world in 2021 asking “what did I buy”.

Oh that’s right, we’re all cry babies and not real guitar players. That’s BS. No real guitar player is going to spend $8k on some custom shop that you pieced together from stratosphere.

6. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

7. revtime

revtime Strat-Talker

Now you are putting words in my mouth. I never called anyone a cry baby or said anything about their playing ability. You just did.
    We are talking about 2 pcs of wood screwed together......I have just realized I need to take my own advice.
    Thanks for the debate though. It was fun.

Intune likes this.
  8. Intune

I didn’t me to imply you were saying cry babies or not real players. Other members said that which is expected. The debate was though.

Oh yeah though check out the thread on the home page titled “help id’ing parts”. It’s not one of your genuine fender Strats is it?

9. wjsb316

wjsb316 Strat-Talker

I quit buying production guitars years ago. I dgaf what it says on the headstock, if it's a monster guitar, I'll buy it.

Quit getting wrapped up in branding bs. Maple is maple, alder is alder. People who can't see that are wasting playing time discussing marketing.

:: mic drop::

Dreamdancer and revtime like this.
  10. Intune

Hilarious, nothing what you just said has anything to do with this thread. Better grab that mic.

Go check out the thread “help I’ding Strat parts”. That’s what this thread is about.

Parts is parts alright. Guy bought guitar for $1100 under the impression it was a 2018 American original 60’s Strat. It’s made up of parts from one but with a mim Hendrix body. Still parts right, genuine fender right?

No brand bashing in this thread. It’s about scammers passing of genuine fender partscasters as original. If you think parts is parts that’s all good.

11. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

Caveat emptor.

Learn to identify them. I've spent a lifetime learning how. And there's always a new trick out there to try and fool you.

But...I buy them to play them. To earn a living with them. To make music with them. :)

Thrup'ny Bit, revtime and Intune like this.
  12. Intune

Oh yeah I’ve learned over the years what’s legit. The fakes are easy to spot.

What bugs me is that we have to learn what to look for now. Guys think it’s no different from them building a partscaster vs a fender employee building a partscaster. Put it on the market as genuine fender. That’s my issue.

I’m not going to get scammed. It’s every day it seems like someone else did though. The thread with the AO 60’s partscaster for $1100 is a perfect example.

SonOfLerome likes this.
  13. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

Not always. And I've been doing this longer than you've been alive. :)

And your original post didn't cover this scammer angle. I can see why people are voting (I did not vote) the way they did.

Lay out your premise in a clear and concise way, from the top, and you'll avoid confusion.

Thrup'ny Bit and Intune like this.
  14. Nokie

Nokie Strat-Talker

Ah yes, thanks for steering me right on this - I now have a much better understanding of why the results are what they are. It's purdy much a no-brainer.

Intune likes this.
  15. Intune

Well you can think of it any way you want really. My opinion is all it is, I guess there is a right and wrong in the situation but that’s for you to decide.

I do love partscasters though and far from the anti-partcaster. It’s just I would never sell one to someone as genuine. Tell them tough Leo designed them this way when they ask for their money back.

Nokie likes this.
  16. wjsb316

wjsb316 Strat-Talker

"Legit" and "genuine" are distractions.

Find what sounds good and play it. Waste not your time on headstock decals

17. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General

18. grumpah

grumpah Strat-Talker Silver Member

I have no issue with parts-casters as I build them myself, however, I would not want to be lied to about the origins of a guitar.

RadioFM74 likes this.
  19. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

You tell the buyer, or put in the listing, what you know of the guitar's history. Just like putting pictures of any paint chips or dings in the listing to show the existing prior damage.

What can happen is if you are the tenth owner of a raggedy guitar you may have no idea of what was modded/changed/replaced.

Vintage collectible guitars that had mods done to them decades ago often get NOS or even worn out old stock parts put back in them. That's why people pay high prices for old CTS pots with date codes that match their old Fender guitar because someone put Alphas/etc in at some point because they needed a pot while gigging on the road after they busted the original pot shaft off during a gig. Easy to tell a buyer you replaced the modded parts with original vintage factory parts.

Didn't that Gilmour million-dollar Strat go through two bodies and three necks while he gigged it?

20. Nokie

Nokie Strat-Talker

Yes, the no brainer is when ya read the op question as whether or not ya wanna buy from an ethical seller.

Intune likes this.