Stratosaurus Magnificus
Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2009
New Jersey, USA

muttonbuster

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 14, 2020
República de Cantaloupia
Not on the bass and tele, those look alright; but the maple caps on those strats have the same look as that on my American Select. I wouldn't call it AA. More like B- or 1/2 A. and maybe worthy of a sub $800 import. For $2500, absolutely no excuse not to have caps with flaming that is Les Paul quality wide tiger stripes that you don't need to put a crazy stain on it to tease out the contrast.

GrooVey

Dr. Stratster
Nov 17, 2016
WV. USA
The grain will vary from guitar to guitar. Just from that picture, the SSS flame doesn't look as nice as the bass or the SSH.

Still, more than I want to pay. I'm cheap. Maybe a used one will come my way down the road.

CyFan4036

Senior Stratmaster
Platinum Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2018
You are here
Guitar Center still has last year's exclusive available. Seems like there will be plenty of time to decide.

Dick Blackmore

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2017
Black Hole
I ended up selling my sweet sweet Butterscotch Ultra Tele, I have learned I dont like those Medium Jumbo frets, dont really care for compound radius and the necks on those are a bit on the skinny side, for me. Those are kinda fugly too.

simoncroft

Still playing. Still learning!
Silver Member
May 30, 2013
SE England
I like the look, but I agree it's totally against Leo's original concept of delivering good guitars to working musicians, and is just another marketing ploy to make a regular Fender guitar cost the best part of $3,000.

orneryduck

Strat-Talk Member
Nov 28, 2022
FL
I just mad
Want a new Strat?
I'm not in the market but these sure are nice!
Maybe you are.

I just made a post about the 2018 Fender/GC collaboration as the look is stunning but info sparce. Their look is wildly modern with strong PRS hints, which seems alien to usual Strats and keenly of my interest in trying something different.

The alternatives I’m considering are a 90’s Plus/Deluxe (I previously had a Plus and loved it) or a new Miami Blue Pro II.

I’m having a hard time finding out much about them, but it seems there is a pattern of using the most modern/high feature model as the base and then adding some wild, non-traditional Fender styling, like the flame top here. Can’t say I’m a fan of the coloring this tine, but I bet it’d be one hell of a show piece for a metal band.