Gibson price increase

jbylake

Fabulously Famous Nobody
Gold Supporting Member
Silver Member
Nov 25, 2019
Currently MIA
Damn, Edibis, have you been to the grocery store, or gas station lately. A year and a half ago I was buying gas for $1.88 a gal. Next batter up brings it to almost $4.00 a gal. Beef is through the freaking roof, and Americans are being spoon fed about how happy the'ye going to be when the purse holders pass another 3.5 Trillion dollar bill. Get used to it guy. I'm lucky as ***k. Kids way past college, making it on their own, and ex-wife is gone too. I'm getting along just fine for now. Don't know how this "inflation" is going to feel going up the working class's butt, we'll see.

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
Oh crap! My broke butt wanted to buy a Les Paul Standard for 3k, now it's 3.2k! I'm devasted! I don't care!
Your location shows as WI, so don't look at Canadian prices.
Original Series Standards were $2500, and they only went up by $100
The Classic went up by $300... which is crazy, because a few years ago, the Classic was $100 more than the Standard, then when Gibson reduced their prices, the Classic dropped to $2k.

But it's still only $2300 for a Classic.
Only Standards that are $3000+ are the Modern, Slash, and Custom Shop.
https://www.gibson.com/Guitars/Les-Paul

aviamsi

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Aug 31, 2015
Israel
The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

All these manufacturers today are hungry for money more and more.

Do they raise their employees' salary too? Haha what a joke.

Instead of being thankful they keep feeding the hunger for money once again.

Cerb

Anti conformist reformist
Jan 22, 2016
Sweden
I can't say I'm upset. Guitars are luxury items and there are plenty of affordable options to Gibson that are just as good.

I'm more worried about the price increase in essential items and services like food, energy, transportation etc. The stuff that people actually need.

Having said that. All that will have an impact on pretty much all manufactured items. The price increase may not be greed, it's just more expensive to build them now. Fuel prices are up which means transoprtation is more expensive. Price of electricity is up, the factories are more expensive to run. Ashipping container costs 10x as much as it did a year ago. I'm actually surprised they didn't raise the prices more.