Going bald in your 20s

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
I'm 66 and my hair is still full and 2ft long. My dad was bald @24 but my maternal gf passed with a full head of hair @48!

Baldness gene pass through your mother's side according to the gene people, although that doesn't seem to match subjective evaluation in many cases.

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
Baldness gene pass through your mother's side according to the gene people, although that doesn't seem to match subjective evaluation in many cases.
Agreed.
I am a near clone of my dad.
Brother and sister are clones of mom.
Only thing I got from mom was her damned skinny feet, and her cynical attitude.

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
Agreed.
I am a near clone of my dad.
Brother and sister are clones of mom.
Only thing I got from mom was her damned skinny feet, and her cynical attitude.

Got called into the Dept Head's office whilst working in a major Corp in years gone by. Told me that some people in the department were bothered by my cynical sense of humor. I responded "Oh, so there's something wrong with that?".

I don't think he appreciated that cynical humor about my cynical humor. LOL.

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
Got called into the Dept Head's office whilst working in a major Corp in years gone by. Told me that some people in the department were bothered by my cynical sense of humor. I responded "Oh, so there's something wrong with that?".

I don't think he appreciated that cynical humor about my cynical humor. LOL.
Dark humor is like food.... Not everyone gets it :D

J557

Strat-Talk Member
May 24, 2021
Indiana
Started losing mine in high school and it took me along time to not be pissed off about it. My wife doesn’t mind it, even though I know she’d prefer me with hair. I’ve been skin for over 20yrs now and I’ve accepted it cause there’s nothing I can do about it. My son has thick curly hair and I kinda get jealous sometimes but this is my lot in life. Funny story, my kids saw a picture of me in high school and they asked who it was! Acceptance is key and then learn the maintenance. Hats and sunblock are vital!

33db

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 14, 2018
Earth
It isnt fun. I used to have long curly hair. Always got compliments. At 28, I'm losing my hair. I didn't even get to enjoy it for that long!
These days it seems shaved heads are in, in certain circles anyways, so not the worst time to go bald.