Gonna stick my neck way out on a limb here

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Antstrat, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Most Honored Senior Member

It's an odd circumstance of human nature that the thing people hate or fear most is change.
    And the only constant in the universe is change.

2. Baelzebub

I've been on a guitar buying spree for some months now.....I thought it would stop but it hasn't. So now I just ask people if they'll take ridiculous money for things and then when they say no, I'm relieved. But fortunately, all it gets me is rolled eyes. And a bit of consternation sometimes that I'm willing to put myself at risk to go buy a guitar.

3. Stratafied

Stratafied Most Honored Senior Member

Hey Ant , you aren’t alone this is a very stressful time with the Covid. Nothing is the same, things we so easily did are now taboo or made unenjoyable . And seeking help is a very smart thing to do, hang in there.

4. Stratafied

Stratafied Most Honored Senior Member

I’m playing way less , just not motivated.

Jesse414, 3bolt79 and circles like this.
  5. Baelzebub

Hmm...I never had any of that stuff. That might be the key to why I seem able to cope, so far, although sleeping isn't the best and time is slowly losing whatever small meaning it had for me.

Jesse414, Stratafied and 3bolt79 like this.
  6. Fenderbaum

Fenderbaum Strat-Talker

I am a loner by nature. Got this down.
    I sleep like baby..

7. Oldboy

Oldboy Strat-O-Master

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

― Charles Dickens

Baelzebub, JJ119, StratMike10 and 6 others like this.
  8. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

I've started playing Unreal a bit again. Yes, there are still a few people out there with it on the servers. Not many. Fortnight took everyone.

DSC_1495.JPG

9. hcski25

hcski25 Strat-O-Master

Times are indeed strange and it sucks not being able to see other people. And for me personally, Covid has sucked for my startup company, but I've been oddly enjoying the slowed down pace of life with my family. For the 2+ years leading up to Covid, my wife was going through treatment for stage 3 breast cancer, but for the past year she's been "cancer free" and things are good. Had I not gone through that while having three little kids and a new startup, this would be much more stressful. This is a walk in the park compared to that and is allowing me to spend more time with my kids that I lost out on when dealing with everything with my wife's treatment.

Life is weird...but for me the timing for a pandemic wasn't so bad. Had Covid happened two years earlier - I would have been a disaster. I really feel for people who are dealing with Covid and serious personal issues at the same time.

EDIT: To clarify - I am in no way GLAD a pandemic occurred. Didn't mean to imply that.

10. sssstratsss

sssstratsss Strat-O-Master

Sorry you guys are feeling exceptionally down. I for one am extremely thankful my life hasn't really changed too drastically with the exception of loosing a few hours and wearing masks at work. No big deal. I get stressed, but it's more of a "keep the customer happy" stress from work rather than covid.

I was more depressed a few years ago when I basically stopped playing the guitar for a few months. Life got distracting, depression and anxiety made me not want to do anything at all. One day I said, 'what the hell am i doing?' picked up the guitar, and I've been happy for the most part ever since.

11. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

I really appreciate the responses thank you all.

12. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

IMG_0939.JPG i haven't stopped working since this garbage started...stressful absolutely...worse now as in march everything was in lockdown so i was working in empty buildings and now people are coming back to work and think this THING is over..way too many IGNORANT PEOPLE have no respect for others....but everyday i come home she is waiting for me and makes life so much better

13. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 DEEPLY SHY.

Hi, @Antstrat -Buddy

Also
    Thank you for loving George -doggie and not abandoning him at his senior age.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    JJ119, rolandson, mad axe man and 4 others like this.
  14. SAguitar

SAguitar Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

I've been fortunate in that my job slowed down a bit for a few months, but is kinda back to a more normal level, except that we have to wear masks. I really don't like all the lockdowns we have had to do around here, but there have been much worse things to deal with in history. I have been very fortunate as a church musician because we went to live streaming broadcasts once a week, so I get to still play music with friends and learn new music. That keeps me going. The down side is that I don't see an end in sight.

15. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

I went to 7-11 at about 3 am today. Neither of the people working there were wearing masks. I wrote the governor and asked her to make sure that people start getting fined. Probably was a waste of time.

16. Stonetone

Stonetone Senior Stratmaster

I can relate that people are experiencing distress, fortunately for me it’s life as usual I work from home which I find is a blessing, I was not one to go out much to begin with, I have not experienced any stress whatsoever, I’m more focused on my learning and playing in which I enjoy a lot, I read a lot and watch some select few TV shows that I enjoy, but I get that it’s different for other people, my advice is, well it’s something to deal with, try to adapt stay focused on things that are important right now and don’t get discouraged positivity is a powerful weapon

Stone

StratMike10, Ruscio, Jesse414 and 2 others like this.
  17. Randy_Lahey

Randy_Lahey Strat-Talker

I’m actually sleeping better now tbh, but at 49yo I go through bouts of stress and sleep becomes an issue. Find some ways to start enjoying things, and go from there. Wish you well brother

Jesse414 and 3bolt79 like this.
  18. TIMB

TIMB Strat-O-Master

4517BBD0-F0B2-4845-B376-D61A29DC0072.jpeg

This has been my help dealing with it. I was diagnosed on Tuesday with COVID. I feel like crap. I’m not allowed to go anywhere for awhile.

19. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two Platinum Supporting Member

@Antstrat , you are of good humor and whit. Right a short story. It can take you anywhere you want to go real or imagined.

rolandson, Jesse414, Antstrat and 2 others like this.
  20. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

Hope you get well soon.

JJ119, rolandson, TIMB and 5 others like this.