Good backing tracks?

Discussion in 'Tab & Music Forum' started by rocks, Jan 2, 2009.

1. jerryo

jerryo Strat-Talker

2. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

Sweet, thanks for posting that. I'm downloading some now to add to my collection. I'm going to be needing another USB hard drive soon to store them all.

3. legendarytoby

legendarytoby Strat-Talk Member

if youve bought any dvds from Rockhouse you can get pretty good backing tracks from them I got the Alexi Laiho dvd and got really good Children Of Bodom backing tracks

4. legendarytoby

legendarytoby Strat-Talk Member

You gotta register a dvd to get the tracks but. and I dont know if you only get tracks from that lesson or if you can get it for all lessons

5. 59Vampire

59Vampire Strat-Talk Member

thank you for these

6. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

Yes, I have the rockhouse and house of blues DVD's and both have online access to more jam tracks.

Yes, agreed, a big thanks to everyone thats added more sources for backing tracks!

7. stratluvr

stratluvr Strat-O-Master

This has been a realy great thread.. I have been all over alot of these sites thanks guys..

8. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Strat-O-Master

I love how we can put our heads together and share the wealth of knowledge that exists here! Thanks for another great thread guys.

9. talibanhunter

talibanhunter Strat-Talker

Hey guys the best i've found by far is www.guitarbt.com . Its got everything from pink floyd to SRV to Jason Becker along with an awesome selection of blues jams.

*Update* it appears the site is temporarily down. Could just be some server error and could be up in about 5 mins. The creater of that site was however getting sued by steve vai...rumor says at least

10. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

11. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

Yeah, me too! I just ordered another hard drive to store all my backing tracks :)

12. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

i know what you mean if i do,nt get my hardrive sorted soon my pc is going to explode i,m down to an unhealthy 300mb,just keep adding and deleting lol

13. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

What really hurts is one of my PC's that has 4 SATA hard drives in it died and I don't have anything else that can use a SATA drive. So I ordered a huge external drive plus I ordered a hard drive enclosure that will work with my SATA drives and allow me to access them through a USB cable..

14. Jefro

Jefro Senior Stratmaster

Thank you very much for the links... I've already found a few things of interest ;)

15. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

I'm still trying to sort through everything I downloaded. I have quite a few of them setup in Winamp as play lists so I can start a playlist and jam along with one song after another. Kind of like mini sets.

16. Rokit5

Rokit5 Strat-Talker

17. Turbodog384

Turbodog384 Strat-Talker

Great thread! Now my Noob question... How do you guys utilize these tracks? Do you just play them through your PC and play your guitar normal, or do you play them through some software along with your guitar? Do you burn them on to a CD and play over them?

The reason asking is that I don't typically do any playing through my PC or even sitting anywhere near it. I'm just curious to see all the different ways that others might use these tracks.

thanks!

18. Toadlc

Toadlc Strat-Talker

19. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

I have some burned on cd. but mostly I import them into recording software and play along with them while I record so I can play it back and hear my mistakes and also hear the things I really liked.

20. dman

dman Strat-O-Master

Our Strat-Talk friend, Rod Chubb, has some really nice tracks at his website, rodchubb.com. And, Rocks, you're not too old to get into a band. I gave up being in a band in my mid-20's, but joined up with some fellow seniors at 54!