Got a new to me guitar today

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by 3bolt79, Nov 24, 2021.

1. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

21EC3C49-EB20-4C5F-BF9D-D6CECAD4F57A.jpeg AA3D7D12-1FAD-443E-B053-A521BB7AC634.jpeg My daughter stopped by this morning, before work. She was bringing Christmas gifts for the kids and needed a place to store them where the grandkids wouldn’t find them.

She saw my week old Ibanez AZES40 hanging on the wall, and she just kept gushing about how cool the color was. We got to talking and I told her that had that guitar been available when I bought her Jem Jr, that I would have got her that instead.

My daughter’s guitar, the White Jem Jr, was out of commission due to a stripped bolt hole in the nut. So she postulated that she would love one like that, so I told her she could trade me her Jem Jr, and I would fix it and offer it to her brother.

She was stoked! So if I get it fixed by Christmas, I will put it in the pot with the others, and my son will get to pick whichever guitar he wants from my modest collection.

The AZES40 has some features that make it ideal for a beginner. The jack assembly is one piece and will never come loose. The scale is shorter at 25 inches, like a PRS, which will make cowboy chords a little easier on her, and also allows for heavier gauge strings. 10’s on the Ibanez feel like 9’s on a Strat. And there are 9 different settings for pickups between the 5 way and toggle switches.

Also, she didn’t get along with the double locking trem on the Jr. the trem on the AZES40 is dive only, and the nut is coventional, so easier for her to use.

2. Antstrat

Antstrat Dr. Stratster

HNGD:thumb:

3bolt79 likes this.
  3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster

Hntygd :)

3bolt79 likes this.
  4. stormsedge

stormsedge Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

HNGD!

3bolt79 likes this.